Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock Shopping Cart Trick - Approved

tag
mykeys
Valued Member

Re: Overstock Shopping Cart Trick - Approved

Got my card in the mail today and requested a CLI. Instant approval of an $800 increase bringing the account to $1850. When I say instant, literally the second I clicked the button, so I can't imagine they would have had time to review an HP.
Credit Cards:

Store Cards:

Installment Loans:

Scores 10/2018:
Scores 7/2019:
Scores 1/2021:
Scores 8/2021:

Message 11 of 21
Mcx990
Valued Member

I'm happy to say I used this trick, ordered about $80 worth of tools and got instant approval for a $500 line. Not much, but this will be my second accout to rebuild. And I'll be trying for a CLI some time in the future like you mentioned.

Other credit account: Credit One - $450 line (5% util)

TU Score - 597

Message 12 of 21
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Mcx990 wrote:

I'm happy to say I used this trick, ordered about $80 worth of tools and got instant approval for a $500 line. Not much, but this will be my second accout to rebuild. And I'll be trying for a CLI some time in the future like you mentioned.

TU Score - 597

Nice.  Let us know if that SP turns in to a HP.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 13 of 21
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

What does this language mean.  I don't think I have seen this before and might have to test it ....:

You're preapproved!
Take up to 24 months special financing with the Overstock Store Credit Card.
050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Likely similar to what I have with Wayfair - above a certain purchase price (WF is $500), they give you 0% for a period of time to pay it off.
Message 15 of 21
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

I meant that I have never seen an ad like that on Overstock - indicating preapproval before even starting the check out process.  It said "click to accept".  Not even an SCT really.

050719:     
021924:     

Message 16 of 21
Mcx990
Valued Member

@Mcx990 wrote:

TU Score - 597

Checked EXP - they did both SP and HP at the same time. No pulls showing up on TU or EQ.

Message 17 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Mcx990 wrote:

@Mcx990 wrote:

TU Score - 597

Checked EXP - they did both SP and HP at the same time. No pulls showing up on TU or EQ.

Sorry about the HP. No trick again. Smiley Mad I'll add it to my thread in applications.

Message 18 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

What does this language mean.  I don't think I have seen this before and might have to test it ....:

You're preapproved!
Take up to 24 months special financing with the Overstock Store Credit Card.

Did you test it?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 19 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@mykeys wrote:
Got my card in the mail today and requested a CLI. Instant approval of an $800 increase bringing the account to $1850. When I say instant, literally the second I clicked the button, so I can't imagine they would have had time to review an HP.

I wish I had waited for my card like you.  When I got my UltamateMC I waited 2 days, called in and asked for a cli, csr even told me it could be a HP but no way to know for sure so I asked her to pull the trigger.  Immediately after she did my phone dinged me, HP (notified by Trustedid)...kicking myself for that, esp. cause the answer was a "No".

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.