cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock approval for $250!!! Clearly, they have no standards! But yay!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overstock approval for $250!!! Clearly, they have no standards! But yay!

I started a thread here where I (assumed) I had wasted hard pull in an attempt to get a Comenity Overstock card. When I got a letter today asking for more info on my identity (I read here that it sometimes happens), I had this glimmer of hope.

I called and was approved! For $250! Which is more than enough for my needs right now. (I do have a few supplies I can get from Overstock, so this actually will be used—not heavily, but will be used.)

I never thought I'd be approved this soon for an unsecured card, store card or not. I'm flabbergasted! I know that $250 isn't a lot but I'm in the door and for that I am grateful! 

I'm going to be buying small cheap items (that's what caught my eye when I looked around Overstock) and pay in full, pay in full!

Data Points:

I think they pulled Experian FICO 8, which is currently 616. I have high utilization on some (closed) credit cards that are steadily being paid off. One open trade line (the Green Dot, which is probably posted at between 10-20%, because it only has a $200 limit). Recent 90 day late (from about 2 months ago) on a debt that is now paid in full (settled for a lower amount). Lowish income (under $20,000).

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Curious about Wayfair store card, Comenity etc

Congratulations on the approval OP. It appears waiting for the (verification) letter paid off. An approval is an approval, especially at this state of your credit journey 😁. Just don't go crazy with more store cards that would provide no benefits to you. Again, congrats!
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
Congratulations on the approval OP. It appears waiting for the (verification) letter paid off. An approval is an approval, especially at this state of your credit journey 😁. Just don't go crazy with more store cards that would provide no benefits to you. Again, congrats!

Thanks! It is a major triumph for me! Wow!

I know, the first thing I thought was, "I wonder what other cards I could be approved for?" and then I squelched that thought really fast. I "wasted" a hard pull for this Overstock card, so I might as well use it. (And Overstock does sell stuff I can use!) But there aren't that many store cards out there that I want. Maybe Amazon and Walmart. But I need to wait on them and space this whole thing out. And truth be told, a regular Visa/Mastercard/Discover/AMEX card is better than a store card and if I can use some self control, it would be better still to hold out until I can qualify for one of those.

But I'm still pretty thrilled!

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overstock approval for $250!!! Clearly, they have no standards! But yay!

Congrats on your Overstock approval! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and your journey so far!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 13
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congratulations! Good feeling, isn’t it? 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Congratulations! Good feeling, isn’t it? 

Thanks, everyone, and yes, it sure is a good feeling! Cat Very Happy

Message 8 of 13
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

YAY!!!

I'm very happy for you..

CONGRATS!!                            aaaaapartysmileysphotobucketkima.gif

Message 9 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know, the first thing I thought was, "I wonder what other cards I could be approved for?" and then I squelched that thought really fast.

Yep, don't do it, don't do it.....ride this "high" as long as you can.  I kinda screwed up so take it from me....one rejection hurts to the blankie-blank bone!  Happy day for you, congrats!!!!! Smiley Tongue

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.