Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock first SCT for me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overstock first SCT for me!

Just sharing the shopping cart trick for overstock is alive and well! When choosing payment method it gives you the option to "learn more" I clicked it and the pre-approval box popped up. Approved for $3,000 and SP on Experian. Woot! I love their furniture. This will be the only SCT I will be using.....hopefully~! Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
washpadude
Regular Contributor

Re: Overstock first SCT for me!

I got my Overstock SCT card in August with a $2500 SL. It's already up to $3400. First $300 CLI as soon as I received the card and then every 31 days $300 more.
BK CH7 Discharged 03/2015
FICO8 EQ-657 TU-657 EX-665
Revolving credit lines 125k.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Wash, good to know, I will make sure to call and ask for a CLI when I get the card! 

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job.  When I got mine it started at $4,000.  Never got an increase.  Some of the best things Overstock sells is nice quality shower curtains.  Loved their cash back program but it kinda makes you feel like you need to buy something else.  That's the way Dell.com works also.    Buy a $1,500 tv and they offer you a $500 Dell E-Gift card.  I cancelled 10 Comenity cards and only kept an MC and a Visa.  My only store only card is Lowes and I'd like to keep it that way.  Hope you enjoy your new card.

Message 4 of 16
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This will be the only SCT I will be using.....hopefully~! Smiley LOL

Sure... Smiley Wink  Totally believable. 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just sharing the shopping cart trick for overstock is alive and well! When choosing payment method it gives you the option to "learn more" I clicked it and the pre-approval box popped up. Approved for $3,000 and SP on Experian. Woot! I love their furniture. This will be the only SCT I will be using.....hopefully~! Smiley LOL

UPDATE: TICKEDDDD OFF Robot Mad they hard pulled Equifax!

Message 6 of 16
805orbust
Valued Contributor

That's weird.  Although it sounds like it may not have followed the traditional path of a SCT.  I don't remember clicking a learn more button.  I actually love the card as I can order any knick-knack or doo-dad that my family comes up with and they're always sending silly coupons.  PLUS I bought DW a piece of jewelry for her anniversary and got 0% on it for 6 months, so it's got its place.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had clicked "learn more" the prior day and it directed me to the comenity website. When I clicked before I applied a pop up came up instead. Oh well, live and learn, the automated system gave me another $400, so that made it a little more worthwhile at least. 

Message 8 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Grats!. Is your card the mastercard version? Ive read where as a normal card may be sct, usually the visa/mc come with hard pulls. Good sl, so at least it will growSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Grats!. Is your card the mastercard version? Ive read where as a normal card may be sct, usually the visa/mc come with hard pulls. Good sl, so at least it will growSmiley Happy

I went with just the regular card, I like to limit my Visa/MC/Amex exposure to hopefully limit my fraud chance. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.