cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Sapphire Preferred to Reserve & CLI Approval

mngophers05
Valued Member

PC Sapphire Preferred to Reserve & CLI Approval

Just got off the phone with Chase doing a PC from the Preferred to Reserve.  I originally had a 7K limit so had to do a CLI and was instantly approved for 14K.  Doubled my starting credit limit in a year, so completely satisfied with that!  All in all, the process was painless and took maybe 10 minutes and now I am a Chase Sapphire Reserve holder!  Even already updated in my account on their website!

Amex Platinum NPSL, Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.4K, USAA Rewards Visa $16K, Chase Sapphire Reserve $14K, Capital One Venture $10K, Chase Freedom $4K
10/31/17 FICO 8 EQ: 745 TU: 776 EX: 752
Current FICO 8: EQ: 814 TU: 816 EX: 791
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Outsiderdf
New Contributor

Re: PC Sapphire Preferred to Reserve & CLI Approval

Congrats! Was it a HP?

Well Done Congratulations GIF by America's Got Talent

@mngophers05 wrote:

Just got off the phone with Chase doing a PC from the Preferred to Reserve.  I originally had a 7K limit so had to do a CLI and was instantly approved for 14K.  Doubled my starting credit limit in a year, so completely satisfied with that!  All in all, the process was painless and took maybe 10 minutes and now I am a Chase Sapphire Reserve holder!  Even already updated in my account on their website!

Chartway Federal Credit Union Signature Rewards $15k | First Financial Federal Credit Union Signature Rewards $15k | Suncoast Credit Union Cash Rewards $15k | Overstock $11K | Wayfair $10.5K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10k | DCU Platinum $10k | BB&T Cash Rewards $6.5k | BB&T Bright $6.5k | SunTrust Signature Rewards $6.5k | Discover Chrome 5.5k | TIAA Bank Cash Rewards $5k | BB&T Travel Rewards $4.5k | BB&T Bright $4.5k | PayPal Credit $4k | BB&T Spectrum Rewards $3.5k | Discover Cash Back $3k | BB&T Cash Rewards $2.5k | BB&T Cash Rewards $2k | Home Depot $1K | VS $750 | J Crew $750 | US Bank Secured $300
Message 2 of 12
mngophers05
Valued Member

Thanks!  Yes, it was a HP but I was ok with that.  It was worth it for double the limit.

Amex Platinum NPSL, Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.4K, USAA Rewards Visa $16K, Chase Sapphire Reserve $14K, Capital One Venture $10K, Chase Freedom $4K
10/31/17 FICO 8 EQ: 745 TU: 776 EX: 752
Current FICO 8: EQ: 814 TU: 816 EX: 791
Message 3 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If they had to perform a CLI request then pretty sure yes. And congrats OP on both the CLI and PC there!

Message 4 of 12
VoltronM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on CLI !!!!

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 5 of 12
Overmedicated
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

I would take a HP for a 7k increase.  Well worth it IMO.

FICO 8
Message 6 of 12
Priory_Man
Established Contributor

Congrats on the PC and the CLI

~~ Former Royal Navy Submariner - Proud to have served ~~
Message 7 of 12
ICYUNVME
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the CLI approval. I also would of taken a hard pull for an additional 7k..
Message 8 of 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 665, EQ- 670
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 9 of 12
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the PC!!! I think you mentioned a year, but could you please clarify how long you had the CSP for before requesting PC to CSR? I'm currently looking to see if anyone has had success PCing to the CSR after having the CSP less than 12 months?

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.