Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCFCU CLI 6k -> 15k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PCFCU CLI 6k -> 15k

I don't NEED any new accounts at this point.  I have my "goal" card, my dream card is still 150k-per-year-or-more of SPENDING w/ Amex out of reach, so now its time to massage CLIs....and work on that "AAOA." (I don't really care about HPs)

Thus, went to my friendly neighborhood credit union - Palmetto Citizens Federal Credit Union.  VERY small footprint - three or four counties here in South Carolina only.  One of the better credit unions here, though. Opened the account originally 4/30/19. 

See here: Palmetto Citizens FCU Approval 7K SL OD 1K 

SAME guy who opened my accounts was there.  He remembered me.  We chatted, caught up.

MAX unsecured line on a credit card is $15k.

He offered $12k.  I offered 15k.  He looked.  Got me approved for 15k, up from $6k.  

ALSO lowered my interest rate from 10.75% to 9.90%

I'll take it.

HP: EQ

EQ5: 746

AAOA: 4y0m

AoYRA: 1month.  

Total revolving: 10,532 

Total CL: 76501

DTI: Minimal

Income: 85k

Inq: 4/12, 11/24

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PCFCU CLI 6k -> 15k

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 2 of 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

That's great! Congratulations!!

Message 3 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent, grats on it Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 16
Aim_High
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your CLI and negotiating skills, @Anonymous!

Sounds like a great little credit union and some nice people!

Now the bigger question I have is how in the world did you end up with a US Bank Altitude Reserve?  I say that because I know it's a "relationship card," you don't show a Cash+ or other lower credit card with them that would get you in the door, and you apparently live in SC where I know that they don't have branches?   I tried to apply for checking account with them and they denied me due to being out of their geographic footprint. Smiley Frustrated   Unless you used to live in their area, the only way I know around this is someone reported opening investment accounts with them first, which overrode the geographic qualifier for banking.  Just curious!

Dogbert_20201207.jpg

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High wrote:

Congrats on your CLI and negotiating skills, @Anonymous!

Sounds like a great little credit union and some nice people!

Now the bigger question I have is how in the world did you end up with a US Bank Altitude Reserve?  I say that because I know it's a "relationship card," you don't show a Cash+ or other lower credit card with them that would get you in the door, and you apparently live in SC where I know that they don't have branches?   I tried to apply for checking account with them and they denied me due to being out of their geographic footprint. Smiley Frustrated   Unless you used to live in their area, the only way I know around this is someone reported opening investment accounts with them first, which overrode the geographic qualifier for banking.  Just curious!

Dogbert_20201207.jpg

Lol @Aim_High 

Opened an account with them over the summer by opening an investment account then immediately opening a checking account.  Investment accounts bypass location restriction, and once you're in, you can open other accounts.  Decided I liked them enough to make them my primary cash account (I like doing that at a big bank) and have used the checking account consistently for several months now.  The AR was my first app once the mortgage process finished a couple of weeks ago.  bleeping double pull.... EQ and EX.

Funny thing - I just closed the investment account the other day, moving that all to ameritrade where i can actually PLAY with the money a bit.  Their investment platform is VERY weak (delayed quotes, constantly rejected orders, no shorts, options are a pain, etc). But the checking account is still pretty nice.   I'm still using it as my main personal operating account.  I'm weird with checking accouts.  I have several and they all have a good use.  

Message 7 of 16
Aim_High
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

Dogbert_20201207.jpg

Lol @Aim_High 

Opened an account with them over the summer by opening an investment account then immediately opening a checking account.  Investment accounts bypass location restriction, and once you're in, you can open other accounts.  Decided I liked them enough to make them my primary cash account (I like doing that at a big bank) and have used the checking account consistently for several months now.  The AR was my first app once the mortgage process finished a couple of weeks ago.  bleeping double pull.... EQ and EX.

Funny thing - I just closed the investment account the other day, moving that all to ameritrade where i can actually PLAY with the money a bit.  Their investment platform is VERY weak (delayed quotes, constantly rejected orders, no shorts, options are a pain, etc). But the checking account is still pretty nice.   I'm still using it as my main personal operating account.  I'm weird with checking accouts.  I have several and they all have a good use.  

Ah ha!  Maybe you were one I read about that bypassed the geographic qualifier!  I forgot who was talking about it.  Very shrewd method and congrats on the card!  Also, thanks for the feedback on the banking and investments.  

How do you like the AR?  At one point, I really wanted to add one to my wallet but with my CSR and only moderate travel spend, I'm not sure it's really worth the effort.  And I do like my CSR.   I had considered either opening the banking or investments or a Cash+ card to get my foot in the door for AR.  And, the draw of the Cash+ with its' selectable 5% categories was alluring. Now that Elan is offering the Max Cash Preferred* equivalent to the Cash+ at many smaller lenders around the country, I have about decided to forgo a US Bank strategy altogether.

* https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Elan-quot-Max-Cash-quot-vs-US-Bank-Cash/m-p/6198795#M1757563

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 8 of 16
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Congragulations!

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

Dogbert_20201207.jpg

Lol @Aim_High 

Ah ha!  Maybe you were one I read about that bypassed the geographic qualifier!  I forgot who was talking about it.  Very shrewd method and congrats on the card!  Also, thanks for the feedback on the banking and investments.  

How do you like the AR?  At one point, I really wanted to add one to my wallet but with my CSR and only moderate travel spend, I'm not sure it's really worth the effort.  And I do like my CSR.   I had considered either opening the banking or investments or a Cash+ card to get my foot in the door for AR.  And, the draw of the Cash+ with its' selectable 5% categories was alluring. Now that Elan is offering the Max Cash Preferred* equivalent to the Cash+ at many smaller lenders around the country, I have about decided to forgo a US Bank strategy altogether.

* https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Elan-quot-Max-Cash-quot-vs-US-Bank-Cash/m-p/6198795#M1757563

I may or may not have been the one... I read someone else doing it, and did it... then posted my own success... so could have been me, could have been the guy I copied.  I'd been wanting a USB account for a while.  Chase chased me out of the CSR, and so i'd been looking to drop my banking relationship, BofA is a NofA (I don't like them, got fee'd to death there once...) and Wells can go eat a bag of phallic objects.  (Seriously - tried to do business with Wells and it took FOUR trips to get them to get the paperwork correct on a simple business checking account.  ). 

I _LOVE_ the AR so far, but too early to tell.  I've had it all of two weeks.  Like, it showed up right before thanksgiving.  Still getting acquainted.   They give the 325 travel credit for eating out right now, so thats a freaking no brainer. It'll be drained before new years.  

You know what I really like about US Bank?  The people.  I've gotten help every time i've called.  They're nice.  They don't subject me to multiple levels of a freaking IVR.  They get me to a person and handle my inquiry. I responded to a survey that my issue wasn't resolved to my satisfaction, and got a PHONE CALL.  Turns out I rated the wrong call... was thinking about my CLI call.  Issue WAS solved.  He took notes.  Asked me for any other feedback. I griped about external transfers in the mobile app (doesn't exist yet). Told me he'd get it to the right spot.  

THEY (at least act like they) GIVE A CRAP.  Its amazing.  

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.