Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCM 5% Cash MC ---- $15,000!!!

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: PCM 5% Cash MC ---- $15,000!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your approval. Incredible data points. 

PS. I like where you put the card in your sig - it looks great!

Thanks @nuohlac!

@Anonymous , Thanks! I took the suggestion from @Hex and put the colors in a new order -- Roy G Biv! 

Message 51 of 67
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats CIC

Nicely done

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 52 of 67
Hex
Valued Contributor

@credit_is_crack 

Wow that's great. Now your lineup's not only great for spend but it also looks really sharp.  Smiley Happy

Nice work all around!

Message 53 of 67
minski
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@minski wrote:

@Nostradamuz wrote:

I want that card too

hehe. Me too. Ever since I learned about it years ago, I had been contemplating moving up there for a year or so to be eligible for it. Smiley LOL

It's not a normal geofence, it's a SEG geofence. You would have to actually work for one of the employees to get in. 

"PCM Credit Union is a SEG-based credit union, open exclusively to our “Select Employee Groups” (partnering companies) and their family members."

I know. I'm a healthcare worker. I would try to get a job at the hospital listed there. Smiley Happy

Message 54 of 67
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@minski wrote:

I know. I'm a healthcare worker. I would try to get a job at the hospital listed there. Smiley Happy

Thanks @Meanmchine and @Hex

@minski   stay strong out there! 

Message 55 of 67
Neiltyson
Contributor

Damnnn @credit_is_crack!! Congrats

How did you get so many cards and limits? I'm trying to build up my stach of cards (7 now) but I'm scared of inquiries. Any guide you can recommend on how to build tons of applications?

I'm currently sitting on 815 fico credit score. Looking to take advantage. Thanks! 

Message 56 of 67
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Well the card looks hella nice to me!!

Congratulations @credit_is_crack 

Nice pick up. Good to see you're still

hitting homers when you swing the bat.

Enjoy it,

Cheers

Message 57 of 67
importxpresions
Regular Contributor

Well done, I'm also jealous lol

Current:

Mortgage applications waiting for market to calm down
Message 58 of 67
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Neiltyson wrote:

Damnnn @credit_is_crack!! Congrats

How did you get so many cards and limits? I'm trying to build up my stach of cards (7 now) but I'm scared of inquiries. Any guide you can recommend on how to build tons of applications?

I'm currently sitting on 815 fico credit score. Looking to take advantage. Thanks! 

Thanks @Neiltyson!

As far as how I built up my lineup, it started out as me just applying for whatever looked good without knowing any better -- mainly what I did before I found this site a few years ago. After reading endlessly on here I started figuring out "the game" and applying more strategically (learning what my overall profile looked like to banks, learning how different banks were sensitive to different things, understanding how to "put my best foot forward" by applying for cards that both made sense for me (or out of pure vanity - guilty! lol) that seemed to lend itself to an approval. It's not always about never getting denied, but rather trying to only apply where you see your odds are favorable. 

I've focused a lot more on getting in with the major banks and just continuing to grow them, but slow and steady is the name of the game. I learned that the hard way and took me about 18mo to recoup from it; it's certainly not something you want to do overnight. There are tons of valuable members on here who share an infinite amount of info so I'd say, start with a card your interested in, then just start searching on here for everything you can find on that card and that bank. You have a solid score, but in the current climate that won't carry you far. It will get your app reviewed, but you have to factor in your income, lenght of credit, how much available credit you already have, how much debt you have on those cards (and overall debt when it comes to credit union apps), and other things.

If you're not sure "where you stand", you can always share your data points on here to get feedback/advice from some of our veterans to see if you're taking a high or low risk. In time, you start to see the trends and then the approvals just start rolling in. 

In this current climate, I would avoid being hungry and serial-apping, it could very well bring more harm than reward. GL to you and thanks again! 

Message 59 of 67
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@UH_HUH wrote:

Well the card looks hella nice to me!!

Congratulations @credit_is_crack 

Nice pick up. Good to see you're still

hitting homers when you swing the bat.

Enjoy it,

Cheers

Thanks @UH_HUH! and it's good to hear from you! I've been really easing up on the apps as I'm really nearing my 'ultimate cashback lineup', but I'm still on the hunt. I actually found a card from a CU a few days ago that I'm going to see if I can get my hands on. It's a true 5% cash back travel card (all hotels and airfare) year round. No AF which is awesome for a 5% card. We'll see if I can get my foot in that door! Stay good out there! 

Message 60 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.