Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PEN FED FINALLY!! 29K!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PEN FED FINALLY!! 29K!!

Hey All,

I wanted to share my good news, which is all down to the great posters on this forum.

I applied last year some time and was denied for being from somehwere in East Africa..

I did open a savings though and have been adding deposits every month.

Anyway, I have been gardening for over a year as I awaited the completion of my mortgage refinance.

Like a man fresh out of jail, with a poster of a beautiful woman on his cell wall as inspiration, I ran to

the welcoming arms of Penelope Fed. She gave me an instant approval for 29K at 10.24%.

There was a fair amount of fumbling around. They kept sending me duplicate emails and then I logged

on to find that they had listed TWO CCs on my page, both with 29K limits (and separate numbers). I called to straighten it out

as I didn't want too many new accounts showing. They said it was an internal error and assured me it

would not show up on my CR as 2 new accounts.

I'm off to play the field now for some BUSINESS credit cards. WIsh me luck!

Details:

EX 786, EQ 769, TU 772 (haven't received my NextGen yet)

INQs Approx 10 on each

UTIL 1%

Income - Over 100K

Available credit 140K

Highest TL 25K

H.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PEN FED FINALLY!! 29K!!

WOW. Congrats !!!! I tried my luck with PenFed but it's not meant to be. Maybe in the future. Good luck on BIz Cards apps. What are you shooting for to get? Just FYI, if you're still rebuilding your credit, I believe biz cards will not show up on your personal credit report.

Good luck and Congrats !!!!

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome !!! congrats

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super!!
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz!

Good to hear that you got to meet Ms. Penelope Fed.

After meeting her, I walked a way with a Smile on my Face.

Totally due to the Credit Card she had provided me :-)

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey All,

I wanted to share my good news, which is all down to the great posters on this forum.

I applied last year some time and was denied for being from somehwere in East Africa..

I did open a savings though and have been adding deposits every month.

Anyway, I have been gardening for over a year as I awaited the completion of my mortgage refinance.

Like a man fresh out of jail, with a poster of a beautiful woman on his cell wall as inspiration, I ran to

the welcoming arms of Penelope Fed. She gave me an instant approval for 29K at 10.24%.

There was a fair amount of fumbling around. They kept sending me duplicate emails and then I logged

on to find that they had listed TWO CCs on my page, both with 29K limits (and separate numbers). I called to straighten it out

as I didn't want too many new accounts showing. They said it was an internal error and assured me it

would not show up on my CR as 2 new accounts.

I'm off to play the field now for some BUSINESS credit cards. WIsh me luck!

Details:

EX 786, EQ 769, TU 772 (haven't received my NextGen yet)

INQs Approx 10 on each

UTIL 1%

Income - Over 100K

Available credit 140K

Highest TL 25K

H.

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

Awesome approval. Congratulations 😁 Please post your data in the thread below. Thanks in advance.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Pentagon-Federal-Credit-Union-Data-Share/m-...
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do, Baller.

Thanks for the great thread.

H.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that's correct. Business lines don't sow on personal file.

That's why I'm going for business credit. I'm looking to keep my personal credit file

lean and mean. I'll be trimming a few cards from my personal file and beefing up my

business credit lines.

I'm thinking Amex & Chase Ink. Any other suggestions?

H.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats ! Thanks for sharing.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.