Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED APPROVED AFTER 30 YEARS OF TRYING

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PENFED APPROVED AFTER 30 YEARS OF TRYING

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS!! I have a similar story for my husband never getting approved and because of your post, he applied for the Gold card as well and was instantly APPROVED for 10k! Thank you, he's finally in too!!

Congratulations on DH approval!

Message 21 of 62
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, you read that right. When I first got out of the military, I opened a PENFED account, just checking and saving. Every couple of years I would apply for their credit cards and always denied.

I got married and my husband (civilian) was immediately approved for major loans, credit cards, etc.  Well a couple of weeks ago, I applied for the Gold card as it was hovering above the accounts section, not an offer.  The status kept saying it was under review, then finally it was approved for 7.5k (I have other cards higher with higher limits than this). I'll take it. 

Like a petulant child, I said, what the heck, I'll apply for the Penfed Power Cash and voila, it was approved for the same limit. 

So yes, eventually PENFED approves people who are persistent, lol. 

Are you referring to the cards  shown here?Screenshot_20200529-230346~3.png

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS!! I have a similar story for my husband never getting approved and because of your post, he applied for the Gold card as well and was instantly APPROVED for 10k! Thank you, he's finally in too!!

Congrats! If he wants he should try for the PenFed Power Cash right after. Did he have the soft offers above the account? Not the regular offers? 

Thank you! Yes, he tried a few minutes ago for the Power Cash and that says under review...will post update when they respond. It WAS just regular offers that show up at the top of the accounts section, like you I believe. :-)

Message 23 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kaylord84 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, you read that right. When I first got out of the military, I opened a PENFED account, just checking and saving. Every couple of years I would apply for their credit cards and always denied.

I got married and my husband (civilian) was immediately approved for major loans, credit cards, etc.  Well a couple of weeks ago, I applied for the Gold card as it was hovering above the accounts section, not an offer.  The status kept saying it was under review, then finally it was approved for 7.5k (I have other cards higher with higher limits than this). I'll take it. 

Like a petulant child, I said, what the heck, I'll apply for the Penfed Power Cash and voila, it was approved for the same limit. 

Yes!! I remember getting an email awhile ago from PenFed that they were changing their product offers and maybe, just maybe, that's their soft offers cause I didn't get a hard pull and it's been over 2 weeks.

Message 24 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! If he wants he should try for the PenFed Power Cash right after. Did he have the soft offers above the account? Not the regular offers? 

Thank you! Yes, he tried a few minutes ago for the Power Cash and that says under review...will post update when they respond. It WAS just regular offers that show up at the top of the accounts section, like you I believe. :-)

Mine said under review and it was approved. Keeping my fingers crossed for your husband. 

Message 25 of 62
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kaylord84 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes!! I remember getting an email awhile ago from PenFed that they were changing their product offers and maybe, just maybe, that's their soft offers cause I didn't get a hard pull and it's been over 2 weeks.

Thanks I'm going to give it a try 

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 62
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

@kaylord84 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kaylord84 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

three People I know have the gold card hovering above accounts I'm sure it's advertising 

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 27 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@snickerpedia wrote:

@kaylord84 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kaylord84 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

three People

@snickerpedia wrote:

@kaylord84 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kaylord84 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

three People I know have the gold card hovering above accounts I'm sure it's advertising 

True. It's strange tho that the other cards are not listed. Another person above husband applied and got instantly approved, like my situation after trying for so long. 
I know have the gold card hovering above accounts I'm sure it's advertising 

Message 28 of 62
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your PENFED approval, FINALLY!!! Your persistence made it happen!!!

Message 29 of 62
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your PenFed Power Cash Rewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.