Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED Pathfinder Approval!!

Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: PENFED Pathfinder Approval!!

@rbentley wrote:

Congrats on the awesme SL!  Are you active military or honorably discharged?  That is the first question that PenFed asks on CLI's.  I am just wondering if that factored in any way on your approval.

Interesting, I am honorably discharged from the military back in 2004. 

Message 21 of 23
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@ryder32244 wrote:

Great news, I was approved for 43k on my first Penfed card! I have had the account for about 6 months now, got denied early on. Decided to app today and got lucky, I think. I had to call to verify my address, but then got an approval!

Ill have to check who they pulled but Im sitting at about 660 EQ9 with 30 inquiries. Highest limit before this one was NFCU 10k for CLOC and 8K for NFCU AMEX. 

Thanks to this board I have gone from 1 starter card to go with my 526 score to 8 major cards in 2 years. 

OP,

WooHoo! That is amazing...and hopeful!! Did you apply for the Pathfinder the first time around as well??

Message 22 of 23
Highlighted
Valued Member

@Aspireto850 wrote:

@ryder32244 wrote:

Great news, I was approved for 43k on my first Penfed card! I have had the account for about 6 months now, got denied early on. Decided to app today and got lucky, I think. I had to call to verify my address, but then got an approval!

Ill have to check who they pulled but Im sitting at about 660 EQ9 with 30 inquiries. Highest limit before this one was NFCU 10k for CLOC and 8K for NFCU AMEX. 

Thanks to this board I have gone from 1 starter card to go with my 526 score to 8 major cards in 2 years. 

OP,

WooHoo! That is amazing...and hopeful!! Did you apply for the Pathfinder the first time around as well??

I applied for the Signature first go around. I wouldnt have applied for anything AMex because at the time I thought the blacklist applied to branded cards. I happen to recently come across a thread that said it didn't apply. I have since been taken off the blacklist too, so also great new there!

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.