Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED SURVEY SUCCESS!!!

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: PENFED SURVEY SUCCESS!!!

That is great to hear! Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 21 of 31
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Nicely done, congrats!

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am still and so tickled pink for you !!! 

This a great credit card to add to your credit portfolio! 

The options down the road ie automobiles, homes, loans, personal lines of credits. 

You are building a great relationship with a great top 3 Credit Union. 

Again I can't say it enough I was so rooting for you. 

Congratulations again. Smiley Happy

This is an awesome post, Bella! You're always so upbeat and helpful!  You are exactly what this forum needs! Smiley Happy

Isn't she great? Thank you so much everyone! I hope my info has helped someone else out there. I've learned so much since I've been here! 

Thank you guys.. I am just paying it forward. 

I am still a WIP in rebuilding my own credit.  

I am still collecting and digesting information. 

I wish I knew then what I know now.  

I am working on helping family, friends and co-workers... 

I got divorced ... you can all imagine the rest of the story... lol. 

But there is no shame on these threads.  

Credit is that dirtly little word.. its like getting on a scale and announcing your weight. 

Unless you are skinny or you have fabulous credit .. you just sit quiet and hope that they skip over you. 

Hardpulls .. ?  I didn't know. 

I figured if I could not get approved for one card .. all were off..... 

But to be honest .. BALLERINA aka Baller4Life needs to take a huge bow.  

Because she started the amazing thread .. I read it at 110 pages.  I consumed every word... 

Learned so much .. and I had researched other Credit Unions .. but for me it was going to be PenFed, Alliant or NFCU. 

PenFed had the best Auto Loans .. !  Although I am not shopping for a Car .. it would be something in the next 1-5 years .. 

I need to be armed and ready.  Because I am not going Car Dealer to Car Dealer to have my Credit pulled by every Tom, Dick and Harry. 

I want to go in armed ... and ready to negotiate.  Not be lied to and manipulated so some car salesperson can make a commission on my non-educated ass.  

Again Baller4Life has really been amazing and really if it was not for her thread I would not have apped or have known that I even had a chance.. 

But I still love the compliments and I'll take it .. because I will feel I had a contributing factor. 

Bella, I couldn't agree with you more about the knowledge and assistance that baller4life has provided to all of us.  But, I feel that we need to include CreditCuriousity in this post also.  I've learned so much from both of them, and find their posts informative, supportive, knowledgeable, positive, and even lighthearted and funny at times.  Excellent choices for Community Leaders!  Kudos to humu too - she's just awesome! Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 31
baller4life
Super Contributor

Awww you guys and gals make me blush. Thank you for your kind words. I just try my best to help all I can. I want to see everyone win! 😊
Message 24 of 31
dwayne4607
Valued Member

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story!  I also apped for PenFed Signaure Visa and was denied for too many inquiries and too many new accounts.  I do have a lot, but like many others, I am trying to maximize rewards, not run myself into debt.  I also frankly answered the survey, briefly stating my financial position and objectives and my disappointment that I wouldn't be able to start a long-term financial relationship with PenFed, noting their reputation for superior customer service and excellent loan rates across the board.  To my astonishment, I got a callback today--on a Sunday--and also had the pleasure of speaking with Emily, who immediately stated that my application had been declined by "the machine" but she didn't agree with that decision.  She manually reviewed my credit report, asked a few questions and then said she felt comfortable approving my app with a 20K credit line.  I just about fell over.  

Thanks to everyone who has shared their recon experience with PenFed.  I would never have thought that answering a survey could produce immediate results, but it surely did!  

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dwayne4607 wrote:

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story!  I also apped for PenFed Signaure Visa and was denied for too many inquiries and too many new accounts.  I do have a lot, but like many others, I am trying to maximize rewards, not run myself into debt.  I also frankly answered the survey, briefly stating my financial position and objectives and my disappointment that I wouldn't be able to start a long-term financial relationship with PenFed, noting their reputation for superior customer service and excellent loan rates across the board.  To my astonishment, I got a callback today--on a Sunday--and also had the pleasure of speaking with Emily, who immediately stated that my application had been declined by "the machine" but she didn't agree with that decision.  She manually reviewed my credit report, asked a few questions and then said she felt comfortable approving my app with a 20K credit line.  I just about fell over.  

Thanks to everyone who has shared their recon experience with PenFed.  I would never have thought that answering a survery could produce immediate results, but it surely did!  

I am sooooooo HAPPY for you Smiley Happy that I am crying ! 

That is such a beautiful survey recon that I have read. 

Congratulations ! 

Happy Happy Day & Wishing a long beautiful relationship w/PenFed. 

Keep the stories of recon and approvals forth coming! 

Message 26 of 31
dwayne4607
Valued Member

Thank you!  I really do appreciate your kind words and that you took the time to share your experience!  

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dwayne4607 wrote:

Thanks to everyone who has shared their recon experience with PenFed.  I would never have thought that answering a survery could produce immediate results, but it surely did!  

How wonderful is that! Emily rocks doesn't she Smiley Wink I'm so happy for you! Maybe I'll get a 20k line one of these days Smiley Very Happy Welcome to the PenFed family! Gotta love those surveys. 

Message 28 of 31
baller4life
Super Contributor

@dwayne4607 wrote:

That is fantastic!!! Good for you! Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 31
dwayne4607
Valued Member

Thank you, and yes she does!  She told me to make sure and keep her contact information and told me to call her directly if I wanted to talk about refinancing my auto loans or anything else.  What started out as a negative, impersonal rejection ended up being quite the opposite--I don't know that I've ever had such exceptional personalized service.  PenFed really does deserve their good reputation.  

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.