Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PETAL 1 APPROVAL

tag
nelson_xxiii
Regular Contributor

PETAL 1 APPROVAL

Approved for $1k SL with Petal on the Petal 1 card. Approval took a week to finalize because they asked me to upload proof of address and it took a week for them to review and finalize my approval. 

Hope this card is good but either way, I'm sure it's an improvement over Credit One and I'm able to close that card and get my secured deposit back now. My credit rebuild journey and the road to upgrading to better cards continues.

For DP's my scores below are accurate. Petal pulled EX! Only blemish on my credit at the moment is (3) 30 day late payments on a past car loan from 2019 and 1 medical collection acct on my EX that is set to fall off in the next 30 days which should bring my score up to align with TU & EQ. 

CURRENT FICO 8:

GOAL FICO 8 SCORES:

Mortgage 02/23 $370k | 2 Auto Leases $30k | 1 Personal Loan $2k | Rebuilding (No BK)
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: PETAL 1 APPROVAL

Congratulations on your New Card with the Petal 1 approval!

Message 2 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Petal approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Petal1 Approval!

Message 4 of 19
Beefy1212
Established Contributor

@nelson_xxiii wrote:

Approved for $1k SL with Petal on the Petal 1 card. Approval took a week to finalize because they asked me to upload proof of address and it took a week for them to review and finalize my approval. 

Hope this card is good but either way, I'm sure it's an improvement over Credit One and I'm able to close that card and get my secured deposit back now. My credit rebuild journey and the road to upgrading to better cards continues.

For DP's my scores below are accurate. Petal pulled EX! Only blemish on my credit at the moment is (3) 30 day late payments on a past car loan from 2019 and 1 medical collection acct on my EX that is set to fall off in the next 30 days which should bring my score up to align with TU & EQ. 

It is not a bad card CB starts at 1% after 6 then 12 on time payments the CB climbs to 1.25% and then 1.5%  at 6 months of score improvement (ex vantage 3) you get a credit limit increase. Not 100% certain but I believe approval is also ex vantage3.

One thing to note about that guaranteed CLI I mentioned it might be something silly like 50 bucks like they did me, card is a hideous canery yellow, otherwise decent mobile app responsive to payments hassle free on CB redemption. All in all it is not a terrible card but the 50 dollar cli sent it to the sock drawer for me.  

Message 5 of 19
TheRedHat
Established Contributor

Congrats! The Petal is a decent rebuilder card. Take good care of it.

Last update: 4/8/2024
Chopping Block:

Goal Cards
Message 6 of 19
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Nice, congratulations on your new approval! 

Message 7 of 19
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

congrats on the approval

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $38,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 8 of 19
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval @nelson_xxiii 

Message 9 of 19
jibc1978
Frequent Contributor

congrats on the approval! 

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Store Cards:

Credit Health:

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.