Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PETAL 1 APPROVAL

tag
nelson_xxiii
Regular Contributor

Re: PETAL 1 APPROVAL

Wow good to know and I'm sorry to hear they gave you such a low CLI. I would be super upset too. Otherwise, glad to hear that it doesn't sound like a total let down. Hoping things work out for me. But like stated earlier, it'll be better than dealing with credit one and their bs. They hadn't even offered to upgrade or provide me a CLI on my $300 secured card that i've hard for over 2 years with them. Got that card when I was in the low 500s and never missed a payment and made every payment on time and in full and still nothing. It was time and long overdue to drop and replace them. 

Thanks for the insight on Petal and your reply. 

CURRENT FICO 8:

GOAL FICO 8 SCORES:

Mortgage 02/23 $370k | 2 Auto Leases $30k | 1 Personal Loan $2k | Rebuilding (No BK)
Message 11 of 19
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I have Petal 1 (green card). I started with $2500 and after the 6 months, they upped me to $3600.

Don't lose sight. It'll grow in time.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 12 of 19
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Petal Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 13 of 19
Drifter73
Frequent Contributor

I Also have the Petal 1 card, but its sitting in my sock drawer these days.

It was a great builder with a few cb categories to sort through at specific restaurants and retailers, but I really don't frequent the ones they offer cash back for enough for the card to benefit me anymore, especially now that I have way better cards.

I figure I'll just keep it in the sock drawer until they decide to close it for no use or i may get a wild hair in a few months and call them to cancel to see if they offer me a petal 2 card version with a better apy and 2% cash back on everything to stay in my wallet.

I have nothing bad to say about them. I got the leap cli after 6 months and another auto increase after 12 months without leap and less spending. I'm over 1 1/2 years with the card now and just outgrew it.

Message 14 of 19
nelson_xxiii
Regular Contributor

This is great news. Hoping to have the same experience. @madmann26 

CURRENT FICO 8:

GOAL FICO 8 SCORES:

Mortgage 02/23 $370k | 2 Auto Leases $30k | 1 Personal Loan $2k | Rebuilding (No BK)
Message 15 of 19
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval! It's a decent no frills card.  I've had mine for a year now.  I use it to to pay my cell phone bill monthly.

Message 16 of 19
nelson_xxiii
Regular Contributor

@Drifter73  That's exactly my goal here with this card. Unfortunately, with my scores being in the "good" range, credit card companies aren't too fond of me and I have no late payments or derogs with CCs. Only 4 late payments on an old auto loan that was closed back in 2019 which is already baked into my scores but either way no love for me. 

Was hoping I could upgrade my secured cards to better quality cards like a Discover and apple card and a very wishful Amex BCE but wasn't the case so here I am with a Petal 1, Discover (secured but better than a Credit One and in the door which is good) and a very strong SL on a Lowes card which helps with total UTIL. 

But super happy to see all the positive feedback on the card. Hoping to grow with it and eventually outgrow it to some of the goal cards when the scores hit about 750 and some nice offers come in. 🙌🏽

CURRENT FICO 8:

GOAL FICO 8 SCORES:

Message 17 of 19
nelson_xxiii
Regular Contributor

Already decided i'm gonna run a utility bill or two thru it monthly and PIF and treat it the same as you. @coreyb80 

CURRENT FICO 8:

GOAL FICO 8 SCORES:

Message 18 of 19
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval. 

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $204,500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 19.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.