Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGC approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PGC approval

Logged into Amex to see I was pre approved for PGC. Did a little looking around and a lot of people said they didn’t get a hard pull. Applied and got approved right away! I understand this isn’t a credit card but a charge card so it has to be paid in full monthly and doesn’t effect util.

Seems kinda weird I got approved for this and my BCE hasn’t moved since I got it 6+ months ago. That is still 500CL. Experian scores have moved up 30+ points since approval of that card and still nothing.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PGC approval

Congrats.

What kind of bonus MR point offer did you get?

Was your BCE apart of the AMEX equivalent “credit steps”?
Message 2 of 9
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!   

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe it’s 25000 bonus points. Also I do think the BCE is apart of steps because it’s only $500 limit but it’s been roughly 9 months since it’s been opened also have been using it and PIF
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Congrats for the card and the FICO +30 points! I didn't know that when you apply for PRG it would help with the FICO scores. Nice!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Sorry I was vague in the original post. I was up 30+ points on some CRAs because of paying down a balance on my credit card. Util went from 14% to 0% even though had a balance which was boarderline 0-1%
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait, you had the BCE for over 9 months? or 6 months? If you had it for over 9 months, you should do a SP CLI. $1,500

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BCE has been since September 2017. This month would mark 9 months. I’ve tried it at 61 days and nothing.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.