Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Approval Scare

tag
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

PNC Approval Scare

So this past weekend right before going into the garden, I saw that my TU inquiries all dropped off my report. I knew it was a glitch, but I decided to try to app for PNC and PenFed CC's. I apped for PNC first and was aproved, but I was denied for PenFed. I got an email from PenFed today telling me that my Fico score was 603 and the reasons I was denied. Well, when I saw the 603, I about had a cow, cause that means I dropped 50 pts. Then I got scared that PNC wasn't really an approval....but tonight I logged into my account and it shows up next to my checking and savings accounts......so I am really relieved that they approved me. I am also surprised that after 3 days, I still haven't received an alert about a credit pull.

I am done applying for any credit now......I don't care if the cards I have been ready to kill for would even pre approve me....I AIN'T BITING!!!!!!! I am gardening until at least June of next year. I know that I signed up for too much too fast, but hopefully I can age without getting AA.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: PNC Approval Scare

Congratulations! on your PNC card approval.

Back in Sept they were the only denial in a spree but i later learned they prefer a bank relationship.

Message 2 of 17
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congratulations! on your PNC card approval.

Back in Sept they were the only denial in a spree but i later learned they prefer a bank relationship.

I was with National City years ago, because the person I worked for had their account there and they just transferred my pay to my account....then they changed to PNC and I ahve been with them and have a business checking with them.  I guess I have been with them 9 years......don't have much money in the personal account anymore, as I have mainly used NFCU since I was 12. I was just shocked to see my real Fico score at 603 and still be approved for that much.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the PNC.... PenFed pulls only Equifax though, and they have a unique FICO score type that nobody else uses so that's likely why you were denied with them, and saw a lower-than-expected score.

Message 4 of 17
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats on the PNC.... PenFed pulls only Equifax though, and they have a unique FICO score type that nobody else uses so that's likely why you were denied with them, and saw a lower-than-expected score.

All I know is when I saw the score that they say I had......I felt like I got kicked in the gut!!!, but they didn't say who they pulled, so I wasn't really sure. So all day I kept logging into my account with PNC and saw nothing and I was beginning to wonder if they changed their minds. So when I logged in tonight and the account showed up I was as  happy as I could be! Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!! PNC isn't an easy one.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I applied for PNC recently, but was denied. They pulled Experian for me, which has a 676 score.
Message 7 of 17
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

As it's been mentioned upthread...PenFed uses a EQ NextGen score...I've never heard of anyone else using this scoring model...but you're not alone...my NextGen score is almost 50 points lower than my EQ 08 score.  

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountryLivin wrote:

So this past weekend right before going into the garden, I saw that my TU inquiries all dropped off my report.

Did your inquiries come back yet?  Mine were all deleted too...

Message 9 of 17
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CountryLivin wrote:

So this past weekend right before going into the garden, I saw that my TU inquiries all dropped off my report.

Did your inquiries come back yet?  Mine were all deleted too...

No, they are still not back, and I still haven't gotten any inquiries from Kay, PNC or PenFed.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.