Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Bank Core Visa Instant Approval

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

PNC Bank Core Visa Instant Approval

I got a mailer a few weeks ago and instantly put into my "review later" junkmail pile... Well, I opened it up yesterday and saw it was a hard offer with an 18 Month 0% on BT and purchases and then a regular APR of only 13.99.

Now, I don't NEED another credit card, especially one that doesn't have any benefits, but that's the lowest APR I've ever been offered, so it was enough to pull me out of the garden.    I went online, applied, and got an instant approval for $15K.

As I said, I don't need another credit card OR the credit, but I'll take that $15K and use it as an excuse to close my Cabela's and Playstation VIsa and one or two others that I just never use.  My Venture (grandfathered $50 annual fee) and Savor (grandfathered no annual fee) are my primary spend cards, so literally anything under $10K limit is a chopping block candidate.

Three years ago if you would have told me that I'd be in this position, I would have rolled my eyes!  5 years ago, I would have accused you of smoking something and not sharing!

I made a few misteps along the way (**bleep** SCT...), but without this forum I'd probably still be running around with two or three $2,000 limit cards with few or no benefits.

Thanks to everyone for helping me to where I am today!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: PNC Bank Core Visa Instant Approval

Congrats on your approval and credit journey so far 🍸

Message 2 of 12
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

The worst part? I have to remember to change my Spade to a Sapling when I get to my computer!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Message 3 of 12
LakeLife
Established Contributor

We all leave the garden at some point!  Congrats on your approval.  

Minion Congrats.gif

Message 4 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations, on yer $15K   ..nice APR to!

Message 5 of 12
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP on the approval! I was approved for the cash rewards earlier this year and had my eye on this card for the BT offer. Just need to find out if there is a mandatory wating period between apps/approvals.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP

who did they pull for credit bureau? POI?

Message 7 of 12
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

They pulled my Experian. I'm not sure which FICO version (if it was a FICO score) they used... The "cost of credit" sheet they sent me had a 786 for a score, so I'm guessing it was some internal calculation.

One other interesting tidbit... I've gotten four pieces of mail from them and haven't received the card yet: one was the notification to my wife (Wisconsin law requires that from lenders). One was a letter to tell me I was getting a letter. Then a letter with the cardholder terms and agreement. Then the "cost of credit" letter.

Message 8 of 12
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Time to update that spade to a seedling Smiley Very Happy

AU

Message 9 of 12
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Lol. It's such a pain to edit html on the mobile, but I think I got it.

I'd add the card to my signature, too, but I'd have to redo the whole thing to make it fit in the right order, so that'll wait. Stupid OCD... Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.