Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Cash Rewards Approved - 12.5k CL

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

PNC Cash Rewards Approved - 12.5k CL

Title says it.. Flew in today into Orlando Florida  for my sisters wedding in  melbourne, FL... Saw PNC on corner so figured i would take one extra turn into bank.  I can't apply from Nashville as no branches so figured hey i am on a vacation for sisters wedding and mise well do one of my other hobbies picking up CC's..

So went and talked to banker and not an issue applying locally from out of state she put my application in and went pending. i was kinda surprised.  Probably due to living outside service area?  Anyways I said thanks and she said she would call when decision was made either way...

Anyways time to share and get ready for the rehearsal dinner tonight and get my mind off of credit cards!!

So got to hotel and settled in and of course called PNC UW dept..  They texted me a code and a few simple questions and said i would know in 24/48 hours.. 5 minutes later the banker called me and said I was approved.  Was kinda laughing as told her I called UW to get it over and done with.  

Anyways an EXP HP that makes 6 hp's on EXP in a year.. Time to put Experian  on ice for 6 months as it has taken a beating recently.  Will post online screen shot when i get online account access, but all here should know i usually post the screen shots.

Anyways approved for 12.5.k CL was expecting a bit more, but overall not to bad and believe they do sp cli's every 6 months?

Experian pulled and around 780ish..  I thought the Macy's Amex ended my year, but the bank next to my car was to much temptation especially when i cant get card living in TN.

Guessing it is a signature due to CL?  We shall see

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PNC Cash Rewards Approved - 12.5k CL

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 41
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats & Happy Holidays!

Message 3 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! I love that card. Pnc is a great bank too.

From what I understand you can request soft pull CLI every 6 months unless they auto you sooner.

Enjoy Florida. I lived in palm beaches and Lauderdale for 10 yrs. miss it a lot
Message 4 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh btw it’s definitely a signature visa and you should get an email stating so.
Message 5 of 41
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks all.. Time to turn my attention from CC's to booze and enjoy the festivities!  Have a feeling tomorrow will be a rough day Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 41
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Thanks all.. Time to turn my attention from CC's to booze and enjoy the festivities!  Have a feeling tomorrow will be a rough day Smiley Tongue

HA! .. Better enjoy it while you canSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 41
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Title says it.. Flew in today for into Orlando Florida  for my sisters wedding in  melbourne, FL... Saw PNC on corner so figured i would take one extra turn into bank.  I can't apply from Nashville as no branches so figured hey i am on a vacation for sisters wedding and mise well do one of my other hobbies picking up CC's..

So went and talked to banker and not an issue applying locally from out of state she put my application in and went pending. i was kinda surprised.  Probably due to living outside service area?  Anyways I said thanks and she said she would call when decision was made either way...

Anyways time to share and get ready for the rehearsal dinner tonight and get my mind off of credit cards!!

So got to hotel and settled in and of course called PNC UW dept..  They texted me a code and a few simple questions and said i would know in 24/48 hours.. 5 minutes later the banker called me and said I was approved.  Was kinda laughing as told her I called UW to get it over and done with.  

Anyways an EXP HP that makes 6 hp's on EXP in a year.. Time to put Experian  on ice for 6 months as it has taken a beating recently.  Will post online screen shot when i get online account access, but all here should know i usually post the screen shots.

Anyways approved for 12.5.k CL was expecting a bit more, but overall not to bad and believe they do sp cli's every 6 months?

Experian pulled and around 780ish..  I thought the Macy's Amex ended my year, but the bank next to my car was to much temptation especially when i cant get card living in TN.

Guessing it is a signature due to CL?  We shall see

Congrats!   It doesn't hurt that there is also currently a $100 SUB for $1K spend/90 days on the card.    I would have expected your SL to have been a bit higher but from what I've seen it's within the typical range for someone with a good profile getting their 1st PNC card.

If it was approved as a signature the approval notice should contain a line telling you that they've upgraded the card to a Visa Signature and the online app will also specifically identify it as a "PNC Cash Rewards Visa Signature"

(2/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 41
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I don't know if tomorrow will be a rough day.  Saturday may be a different story though Smiley LOL

(2/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 41
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS  on your PNC Cash Rewards approval AND capitalizing on the out-of-state opportunity!!! Smiley Wink 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.