Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Cash Rewards CLI & Confession :)

tag
cf2701
Regular Contributor

PNC Cash Rewards CLI & Confession :)

So, hitting the 6 month mark on my PNC Cash Rewards card of course I had to hit them up for a soft pull CLI.  Went from $7,500 to $12,000.  I'm totally fine with that.  

I really think I'm done with requesting CLI's (even soft) and new accounts for quite some time.  I have to prep for a mortgage app in 12 months and I have to stay laser-focused on that goal.  

That also means spending a whole lot less time on these forums!  So, I'm taking a hiatus for a while!  I think others can relate and I hope me admitting this may help someone else and they try to make a similar decision, if they feel the need.

I really enjoy reading and contributing where I can.  The past couple of years I've learned so much, but I also find that the more I'm here the more I get tempted to apply.  I HAVE to cool my jets for a while. My credit is so much better than I thought it could be so quickly out of a CH13. I'm over 700 on all reports and have way more credit than I will use in a lifetime frankly.  

I'll focus on maximizing my cashback, paying off the very little debt I do have, and saving for that down payment! 

If any of you know of any excellent mortgage lenders please PM me.  I will check those messages from time to time.

So, thanks and good luck to all.  I'm out for a while!  You are all awesome! 

BBVA Clearpoints $16,000 | Discover $13,900 | CECU Visa $10,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa Sig. $18,500 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PayPal CB MC $10,000 | Paypal Credit $10,000 | Card $7,500 | AMX Hilton Honors Ascend $2,000 | Wayfair $23,900 | Sportsmans Guide Visa $12,400 | Kohls $3,000 | Capital One Savor One $3,500 | PNC Cash Rewards $17,000 | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 | PenFed Gold $10,000 | Lowe's $20,000 | Best Buy Visa $4,000 | Home Depot $4,000 | NFCU Platinum $25,000
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PNC Cash Rewards CLI & Confession :)

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOM! Congrats on the great CLI, and catch you on the flip side.

Message 3 of 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

You can also freeze your reports to resist the temptation to apply.

@CreditInspired wrote:

Freeze your credit with Equifax, Experian and TransUnion

Credit BureauOnlineBy phoneBy mail
How to freeze your credit with EquifaxVisitEquifax Credit Freeze page1-800-685-1111 (NY residents call 1-800-349-9960)Equifax Security Freeze, P.O. Box 105788 Atlanta, GA 30348
Visit: Experian Credit Freeze page1-888-EXPERIAN (1-888-397-3742)Experian Security Freeze, P.O. Box 9554 Allen, TX 75013
How to freeze your credit with TransUnion Visit: TransUnion Credit Freeze page 1-888-909-8872TransUnion LLC, P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19016

I found this on https://clark.com/credit/credit-freeze-and-thaw-guide/

Message 4 of 15
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your PNC Cash Rewards CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 15
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎊 🎉 🎈 🍾 

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 6 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck on the mortgage and grats on the CLI Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats! ..

Message 8 of 15
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

|  
Message 9 of 15
CreditWolf
New Contributor

Congrats @cf2701 .......PNC Rules Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.