Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Cash Rewards approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PNC Cash Rewards approved

Received the invitation to apply fo the new PNC cash rewards card.  I responded and got the the "back with you shortly message."

Called in today and sent to 3 different places before landing in underwriting.  I was approved, starting limit 10k.  I was surprised.  I have no relationship with the bank, and hear they were conservative.  I thought they'd shoot me down for too many inqs, no relationship, etc.  The underwriter advised the app came in on the weekend and nobody looked at it till yesterday, but my card is on the way.  I told them "no problem, I thought there might be something else you needed from me."  "No sir you're good to go."  "I look forward to working with y'all."

Scores at app time were 730, 738, 799.  They pulled experian and it costs me 6 points.

INQs in the 8 vicinity, but could be a little more, not sure.

Income 110,00 annual

90k in total available credit, utilization at 2%

Clean report

I had no previoius relationship with PNC.

My plan with this card is gas and dining.  The 4% back on gas is best I have.  It beats the 5 cent off gallon I have on my Shell Card.  I did the math for a fill up on my Si.  The 4% back beats it, not even close.   15 gal @ 3 per gallon =45.  After applying the 5 cent gallon discount 2.95 per gallon x 15=44.25 saving 75 cent off purchase.

45 dollars x .04=1.80  Or did I do the math wrong?   The 3% from dining matches the AARP so there ya go.  We'll see how it goes.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PNC Cash Rewards approved

@Anonymous wrote:

Received the invitation to apply fo the new PNC cash rewards card.  I responded and got the the "back with you shortly message."

Called in today and sent to 3 different places before landing in underwriting.  I was approved, starting limit 10k.  I was surprised.  I have no relationship with the bank, and hear they were conservative.  I thought they'd shoot me down for too many inqs, no relationship, etc.  The underwriter advised the app came in on the weekend and nobody looked at it till yesterday, but my card is on the way.  I told them "no problem, I thought there might be something else you needed from me."  "No sir you're good to go."  "I look forward to working with y'all."

Scores at app time were 730, 738, 799.  They pulled experian and it costs me 6 points.

INQs in the 8 vicinity, but could be a little more, not sure.

Income 110,00 annual

90k in total available credit, utilization at 2%

Clean report

I had no previoius relationship with PNC.

@Anonymous plan with this card is gas and dining.  The 4% back on gas is best I have.  It beats the 5 cent off gallon I have on my Shell Card.  I did the math for a fill up on my Si.  The 4% back beats it, not even close.   15 gal @ 3 per gallon =45.  After applying the 5 cent gallon discount 2.95 per gallon x 15=44.25 saving 75 cent off purchase.

45 dollars x .04=1.80  Or did I do the math wrong?   The 3% from dining matches the AARP so there ya go.  We'll see how it goes.

You did it correct:

For a $45 fill up using Shell card, you'll save $.75 cents

For a $45 fill up using card, you'll save $1.80

I use Penfed Platinum, which gives me 5x / $1 spent

Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well doneSmiley Happy Enjoy your new cardSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Hey BamaGuy,

Thanks for giving the scores. Can you identify which are which?

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah thats gonna be Experian-transunion-equifax

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.