Did you mean: 

PNC core visa NAVY CLI disco honorable mention

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: PNC core visa NAVY CLI disco honorable mention

@Jnbmom wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

Disco.. id use that 500 CL to combine cards...  you still will get the 500 cli on top of the merge if you do it correctly... Have to call in during biz hours on monday.... theres a backdoor number.... 

-J

@joltdude 

Is there a diffrent back door number and how would I go about combining and still getting the increase? You can PM the if you prefer

Thanks

Used to be, and i PM'ed you a bit about it.. that said you should be able to get what you want from the CSRs. or to where you need to be by being redirected .. Copied @AverageJoesCredit the PM I sent you... Has a bit more experience with this ... Also @pizza1 is the one who Discover'ed (pun) how to do this as well.. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/DISCOVER-COMBINED-LIMITS-SUCCESS/td-p/5093628

-J

Message 11 of 21
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU and DH...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS and DH on your PNC Core VISA, NFCU Platinum, and DISCO CLIs - Way To Go!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 12 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, thanks @joltdude Smiley Wink I havent combined yet but may do so in future, maybe once i hit 0/24Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@joltdude 

Thanks, I just read @pizza1 thread, my second card is only 6 months old. Do I have to wait til it hits a year then?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 14 of 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Can anyone confirm regarding age of second card, it has to be a year old before I can combine? 

@AverageJoesCredit 

@joltdude 

Thanks because we know that 500 CLI is just so tempting to take 😆😆

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 15 of 21
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I don't know...  How I think it works is that ONE of the accounts has to be a year old but not sure if both do...

Sorry I couldn't help you further...

At this point. Id just ask them

-J

Message 16 of 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@joltdude wrote:

I don't know...  How I think it works is that ONE of the accounts has to be a year old but not sure if both do...

Sorry I couldn't help you further...

At this point. Id just ask them

-J

Thanks @joltdude , I am gonna give them a ring now.  Will update

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 17 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on all the recent successes @Jnbmom. Well done, even while traveling.

As far as Discover, only 1 of the accounts needs to be 12 months.  You should be able to fold the newest one into the older one by contacting them to do the combo.   That is, unless something has changed recently  but doubtful.   Let us know the outcome! 

Message 18 of 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: PNC core visa NAVY CLI disco honorable mention UPDATE

I called regular number, got a big fat no, so I immediately called the CLI number. She stated in order to combine my limits had to have CLI available which was stated here, it had offered 500 which i declined, so in order to combine she stated I had to accept CLI first, she proceeded to check my account again for CLI and said I was eligible for 3K😆, much higher than 500. I gladly accepted . She then closed my newer account and my new limit now sits at 7700. Not a bad day with discover. 

Thanks all 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 19 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: PNC core visa NAVY CLI disco honorable mention UPDATE

Awesome, my luck is I'D call say yeah i got a $500 cli awaiting and they be like no sir, you actually owe US $500Smiley Wink
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.