Did you mean: 

PNC denied, Chase Freedom approved?

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: PNC denied, Chase Freedom approved?

@AllZero wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

Thanks, AllZero.  Unfortunate, but with the Chase now in her arsenal she has a Visa available.  Now she can go towards the NFCU More Rewards which would hopefully grow faster for her.  She became a NFCU member about 2 weeks ago, so she'll probably app for that one in the next few months.

Navy is a great CU to be in with. They have great CC products.

I presume you are a member too?

If not, tell em how the daisy chain worksthreadsneaker.GIF

Message 11 of 25
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

Thanks, AllZero.  Unfortunate, but with the Chase now in her arsenal she has a Visa available.  Now she can go towards the NFCU More Rewards which would hopefully grow faster for her.  She became a NFCU member about 2 weeks ago, so she'll probably app for that one in the next few months.

If not, tell em how the daisy chain worksthreadsneaker.GIF

Trying to sell cards and memberships. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 25
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

Congratz on that card. You better hope the sister doesn't find out about the FICO forums :eyes:

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 13 of 25
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your family members new found liquidity.

I will however say that the stats are stale. You said there was one EX HP already from AmEx and PNC hit EX again for the denial. This means that she had 2 HP's on EX when applying and that the score listed is out of date. I hope that Chase takes care of the issues that your family suffered from with their Visa card. PNC has been known to be rather cruel to some people that have under a 740.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice approval 

Message 15 of 25
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Good Dad!!! Congrats!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the denial.

Congratulations on DD's approval! 👍

Message 17 of 25
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

Yes I am!  I myself didn't go into the military, but many close family members are retired military or served at one point.  I've been a NFCU member for over a year and have a savings and checking.  No CC's yet... but one day soon... watch out!

I sponsered Mrs. Nukem, Ms. Nukem, and Ms. Baby Nukem a couple of weeks ago while NFCU was offerring the $25 bonus for me and $25 to anybody I sponser (nice way to get $150 between us!).

Message 18 of 25
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@ZackAttack wrote:

Congratz on that card. You better hope the sister doesn't find out about the FICO forums :eyes:

Shhhhhh... everybody whisper please!  Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 25
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

Congratulations on your family members new found liquidity.

I will however say that the stats are stale. You said there was one EX HP already from AmEx and PNC hit EX again for the denial. This means that she had 2 HP's on EX when applying and that the score listed is out of date. I hope that Chase takes care of the issues that your family suffered from with their Visa card. PNC has been known to be rather cruel to some people that have under a 740.

The Amex HP was on EX when she attempted the Chase card app, so only the 1 HP was seen by Chase.

There were 2 HP's when PNC placed their HP request the next day (the original Amex HP and the new Chase HP).  So now there are 3 HP's on EX.  That maybe another reason why PNC declined her app due to the Chase HP appearing on EX.  Won't know for sure until she gets the letter in snail mail.

Chase may have sent a notice to her, but it may have gone to her Spam folder.  I'll have to ask her to check.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.