Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP 2% MC and BCP Approvals in One Hour

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PP 2% MC and BCP Approvals in One Hour

It's been a good morning Smiley Very Happy Gonna have to update my signature.

1) Applied for the PayPal 2% Cash Back Mastercard. Approved for $6,200 and 22.24% (I PIF, so APR isn't that big of a deal to me). I called Synchrony to request the card number so I could put it into Samsung Pay. No dice. I have to wait 7-10 days for the actual card. This application cost a HP on TU. No SUB.

2) Less than an hour later I applied for the AMEX BCP. Approved for $5,000 and 23.24%. No HP has popped so far.

Of interest with this AMEX application is that when asking for the card number online after approval, their system seemed to time out. After about two minutes of sitting and spinning, a message popped that said they can't give me my card number at this time. They are giving me a statement credit of $60 to be applied in 12-16 weeks. So I called CS and asked for the number. They said they can't supply it as they can only see the last five digits of the number. They said I'd have to wait 3-5 days for the card.

But they did offer to activate online access to this card since I already have a Cash Magnet set up online. I accepted the offer. I went to the option to view the card number. There it was, along with a temporary CID that is valid for 30 days or until I get my "replacement" card. I put it into Samsung Pay and it was accepted. I'll test it later.

Some DP's prior to this mini app spree:

TU HP: 7/24 (three were for a car loan in Aug 2018). HPs on EQ & EX less than three each in last two years.

FICO 8 TU 757 EX 760 EQ 769

These scores don't reflect the USBank Cash+ card I was approved for earlier this month as it hasn't reported yet.

AAoA 11 mos

AoOA 1 yr 6 mos

At 5/24 with new cards (6/24 with the Cash+, but that wasn't counted - now I'm at 8/24)

No negatives. $9K balance on car loan (lease) opened in Aug 2018. AZEO.

These two cards were the last needed in my goal to maximize CB for my spend amount and habits. And my second goal has been met. I wanted to get this card mix done before June so that the HPs are dropped and new card effects are minimized when I go to lease my next car in August of 2021. So I'm very pleased. No new cards in the foreseeable future!

Edit: Added AZEO

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: PP 2% MC and BCP Approvals in One Hour

2 cards in 1 Hour

Message 2 of 18
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Wow 22% interest. I guess it is high no matter what. I dont plan on using it but just in case I wanted a lower apr.
Message 3 of 18
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

You...REALLY, REALLY...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your 2 AWESOME Approvals for Cashback cards and Welcome to the PayPal 2% CB MC family!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 4 of 18
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

March 2024: Experian 762; Equifax 767; Transunion 769

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 04/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (2) Trans: (1) Equif: (1)

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Yeah that APR is something... it’s their lowest of the three tiers too! I have the same.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ando35 wrote:
Wow 22% interest. I guess it is high no matter what. I dont plan on using it but just in case I wanted a lower apr.

Remember that these are cash back cards. They're really not meant to carry a balance on (don't tell the banks I said that). Look at non-cash back cards or credit union offerings for the lowest APRs.

Message 7 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Nice pair of approvals with those and the SL's as well.

Useful additions to add to your US Bank earlier catch too Smiley Happy

Congratulations on some expert timing as well.

Message 8 of 18
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ando35 wrote:

Remember that these are cash back cards. They're really not meant to carry a balance on (don't tell the banks I said that). Look at non-cash back cards or credit union offerings for the lowest APRs.

+1, AGREED!!! Smiley Wink

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 9 of 18
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Rewards card or not, I've never seen a Synch product with anything lower than a 20%+ APR. You got the low end of the spectrum and a decent SL Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.