Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP 2% MC and BCP Approvals in One Hour

tag
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

Re: PP 2% MC and BCP Approvals in One Hour

Congratz on your 2 new credit cards.

Lucky you on nailing the PP Cashback card. I tried a couple of days ago and Synchrony didn't like what I had for a CL (plus others).

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

But they did offer to activate online access to this card since I already have a Cash Magnet set up online. I accepted the offer. I went to the option to view the card number. There it was, along with a temporary CID that is valid for 30 days or until I get my "replacement" card. I put it into Samsung Pay and it was accepted. I'll test it later.

Tried the BCP with the temporary CID in Samsung Pay last night. It DID NOT work. I'll just take my $60 and wait for the card.

Message 12 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wtg on ur PPMC & BCP Smiley Happy NJY!
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals and APR's!

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicely done with the double approval! Interesting DP about getting the card number through the website. Let us know if it works for you when you try it later!
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's been a good morning Smiley Very Happy Gonna have to update my signature.

1) Applied for the PayPal 2% Cash Back Mastercard. Approved for $6,200 and 22.24% (I PIF, so APR isn't that big of a deal to me). I called Synchrony to request the card number so I could put it into Samsung Pay. No dice. I have to wait 7-10 days for the actual card. This application cost a HP on TU. No SUB.

2) Less than an hour later I applied for the AMEX BCP. Approved for $5,000 and 23.24%. No HP has popped so far.

Of interest with this AMEX application is that when asking for the card number online after approval, their system seemed to time out. After about two minutes of sitting and spinning, a message popped that said they can't give me my card number at this time. They are giving me a statement credit of $60 to be applied in 12-16 weeks. So I called CS and asked for the number. They said they can't supply it as they can only see the last five digits of the number. They said I'd have to wait 3-5 days for the card.

But they did offer to activate online access to this card since I already have a Cash Magnet set up online. I accepted the offer. I went to the option to view the card number. There it was, along with a temporary CID that is valid for 30 days or until I get my "replacement" card. I put it into Samsung Pay and it was accepted. I'll test it later.

Some DP's prior to this mini app spree:

TU HP: 7/24 (three were for a car loan in Aug 2018). HPs on EQ & EX less than three each in last two years.

FICO 8 TU 757 EX 760 EQ 769

These scores don't reflect the USBank Cash+ card I was approved for earlier this month as it hasn't reported yet.

AAoA 11 mos

AoOA 1 yr 6 mos

At 5/24 with new cards (6/24 with the Cash+, but that wasn't counted - now I'm at 8/24)

No negatives. $9K balance on car loan (lease) opened in Aug 2018. AZEO.

These two cards were the last needed in my goal to maximize CB for my spend amount and habits. And my second goal has been met. I wanted to get this card mix done before June so that the HPs are dropped and new card effects are minimized when I go to lease my next car in August of 2021. So I'm very pleased. No new cards in the foreseeable future!

Edit: Added AZEO

Double congrats on the approvals! Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Nicely done with the double approval! Interesting DP about getting the card number through the website. Let us know if it works for you when you try it later!

It didn't work. Tried it three times and got the negative double-beep on the terminal. Swiped to the Cash Magnet and it instantly took. Oh well. As I said a few posts ago, I'll take my $60 statement credit and wait a few days for the actual card.

Message 17 of 18
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on awesome SLs for both! You’re about to start racking up some serious rewards lol I’m not trying to sound like an advertisement, but seriously 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.