Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPMC CLI

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

PPMC CLI

I've had this card for a little over 3 months and was declined for a CLI a month or two ago. I saw a Request More button that I had never seen before, so I decided to click it.

Original CL = 1000

Asked for new line of 5000

I was disappointed and was just going to close the window when I saw the "we are unable" verbiage, then I saw "however" on the next line. They were able to increase the CL to 3000. Literally did a dance! LOL. Very happy bc this came just in time for an upcoming major purchase.

Below are just some data points for those interested....

Usage:

About 2300 on the first 3 statements. About 1000 this month and have already paid that off. Outside of this month, I've never PIF before the statement cut, but I PIF before the due date. For the 2nd and 3rd statement, I paid about half of the bal before the statements cut.

Credit file:

I opened about 8 CC in the last 4 months of 2019.

I had 3 small baddies removed over the past few weeks and that seemed to have helped my score. Still have tons of individual late payments for student loans from 2017. Other than that, clean file.

Score w Synch is in the Fair range, in the 630s.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PPMC CLI

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 2 of 19
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Congrats!
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 3 of 19
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats!
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

From 1k to 3k is a nice jump -- suggests to me your lender is warming to you. Congrats! 

You watch, next CLI will be better (especially with your level of spend & PIF). 

Message 5 of 19
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Does anyone know what score version Sychrony is using for CLIs and/or approvals for this card? I currently have a card with them and cannot get a CLI because my Vantage 4.0 score is 606, which is way lower than my my FICO 08 of 684. I am thinking of applying for this card soon, but I don't want to waste my time if they use the same score for CLIs on this one.

Message 6 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

Sync tells me no every time. I got tired of the letters coming in the mail so I've just accepted it's gonna be $8K. Had it for a year. 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RehabbingANDBlabbing wrote:

Does anyone know what score version Sychrony is using for CLIs and/or approvals for this card? I currently have a card with them and cannot get a CLI because my Vantage 4.0 score is 606, which is way lower than my my FICO 08 of 684. I am thinking of applying for this card soon, but I don't want to waste my time if they use the same score for CLIs on this one.

When I applied they did not use Vantage or FICO. They used their own internal scoring system. I do not know what they use for CLI since I have not asked dor one yet.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your CLI! 👍
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.