cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pair of Amex revolvers (pre-approved for both, no less)

tag
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Pair of Amex revolvers (pre-approved for both, no less)

Hello,

A long time ago, I burned Amex on an Optima card for under $3,000 (I had a $2,500 limit, so I don't remember the exact amount). Last Octobre, I got back in with a Green card. I kept the spending under $100 a month and paid it off before the statement cut. Recently, I was approved for the Gold Card, and have been using that for dining and groceries. Last month, I PC'ed the Green into a Platinum.

Fast forward to today. I log in to check on my account and see the usual cards, and when I start an application for a revolver, I get the "Applying to Expand Your Membership is Easy" message and move on. So, I started off with the Delta Blue card, and much to my surprise, it said I was preapproved. I left that and went to the Delta Reserve. It also said I was preapproved. I filled in the info and to my shock, I was approved. I don't know the limit yet on this one, but I was floored. I would imagine for the AF and SUB, it must be good. 

So, I think to my myself, "Some people get two cards in the same day, so let's see what happens." I start looking at the Hilton cards,  and for some strange reason, I was drawn to the Ascend (I guess since I'm already paying $450 for the Reserve). It said I was preapproved. Filled in the info, and once again, I was approved. SL is $5,400. 

Experian just went up in the last couple of days to 733. Income as listed (2017 returns) is $175,000, but will be close to $300,000 for 2018.  I have a boatload of inquiries on all three bureaus. 

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pair of Amex revolvers (pre-approved for both, no less)

Congrats BizzoSmiley Happy It must be RicHowe Day todaySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Very nice additions! 👏🏾

Curious, were these more like novelty additions, or do they fit a longer-term strategy for you? Biz Travel, etc. Hefty AF, and your story sounds like they were simply pre-approval grabs.

Regardless, nice picks... congrats again!
Message 3 of 16
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

I will be doing more business travel in 2019 since I will be changing from a local role to more of a regional / national one where the boss will be in Atlanta. The miles and Hilton hotel points will be stockpiled for a 10th anniversary trip with my wife in 2020. 

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent, more strategic! Figured so!

I love the one umbrella way about AMEX...So many banks should take lessons from them! Apply with ease, HP umm never 😊
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats @bizarrocreditworld

Message 6 of 16
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats Bizarro!! 🎉🎉🎉

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 8 of 16
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your two new AMEX cards there!

Message 9 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats 2x BCW

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.