cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal 2% MasterCard CLI - $8,000 to $10,000!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal 2% MasterCard CLI - $8,000 to $10,000!!

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on the huge CLI! 

, I remember you getting a PayPal 2% MC CLI to $8K around the same time I received mine for $8K in January!

Isn't it time you hit the LUV button?

I hit it earlier this month and no candy yet. I actually got the card approved in January with an $8K SL right out of the gate so maybe they’ll open up next month. I am going to try Amazon first though, I might need it for computer parts later this year and I’m hoping I can bring that $2200 to $5000. 

Thanks , my friend.  It was after the 4th statement cut that I received my 1st CLI - a $1K auto CLI.  And, to be honest with you, I hadn't been to CLI class yet, back then. 

Sounds like a Good Plan for your Amazon card! 

I think the huge SL probably put me more in the 6-7 month CLI track, especially since this was less than two weeks after Sync issued me my Amazon Store Card at $1800 as my first card with them. I’m okay with it, I didn’t actually plan on trying to grow it until others told me they have very high Sync to income exposure because the Amazon card is the priority - computer parts for my Zen 2 gaming machine this year, new TV next year. 

PayPal card gets a couple hundred a month in spend on heavy months since I do most of my shopping on Amazon. 

Message 11 of 27
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

Congrats Marz2002 on the progress! Enjoy 😊 

Thanks , always good to hear from you!  Yes, I am enjoying the accomplishment! Smiley Very Happy

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 12 of 27
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

, I remember you getting a PayPal 2% MC CLI to $8K around the same time I received mine for $8K in January!

I hit it earlier this month and no candy yet. I actually got the card approved in January with an $8K SL right out of the gate so maybe they’ll open up next month. I am going to try Amazon first though, I might need it for computer parts later this year and I’m hoping I can bring that $2200 to $5000. 

Thanks , my friend.  It was after the 4th statement cut that I received my 1st CLI - a $1K auto CLI.  And, to be honest with you, I hadn't been to CLI class yet, back then. 

I think the huge SL probably put me more in the 6-7 month CLI track, especially since this was less than two weeks after Sync issued me my Amazon Store Card at $1800 as my first card with them. I’m okay with it, I didn’t actually plan on trying to grow it until others told me they have very high Sync to income exposure because the Amazon card is the priority - computer parts for my Zen 2 gaming machine this year, new TV next year. 

PayPal card gets a couple hundred a month in spend on heavy months since I do most of my shopping on Amazon. 

I don't think I have seen a PP 2% MC SL larger than yours.  It's Great that you received that LARGE SL 2 weeks after your 1st card with Synchrony.  As far as I am concerned, ALL of my cards are CLI targeted, if it's a SP.

My current goal is to get my credit in shape for a house purchase in the next 2 years.  I put everything on CCs except rent because there is a $20 extra charge for rent payment.  CashBack is my CC focus.

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think I have seen a PP 2% MC SL larger than yours.  It's Great that you received that LARGE SL 2 weeks after your 1st card with Synchrony.  As far as I am concerned, ALL of my cards are CLI targeted, if it's a SP.

My current goal is to get my credit in shape for a house purchase in the next 2 years.  I put everything on CCs except rent because there is a $20 extra charge for rent payment.  CashBack is my CC focus.

I brought my TU score up from 652 when I got the Amazon approval to 706 when I went for the PayPal, that’s probably got something to do with it. 

I think I have seen one or two get $10K for their SL on the PayPal but their income was comfortably in the six digits, it’s definitely something pretty remarkable for my $18K level. 

As for the CLIs, I may still want some more Sync products so I’m being a bit careful. PayPal Credit and the Marvel card are both potentially on my radar. The Marvel is attractive as an option to get instead of taking a triple pull for Savor/Savor One and PayPal Credit for the hidden TL and 0% if paid in 6 months offers could be nice. Once I’ve decided what I’m doing there, I’ll push the requests a bit higher. 

I put everything I can on my cards too. Rent doesn’t go on them because the cash back is outweighed by PayPal fees for using a credit card with Friends and Family — but I will be paying that way next quarter with Disco since it’s still 2% after the 2.9% + $.30 fee. I squeeze all the cash back I can - doesn’t matter if it’s 5% or .5% as long as minimum redemptions don’t spread it too thin. 

Message 14 of 27
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

That’s a great increase! These 2% cards are great, eh? Congrats!!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 15 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats 10 thousand Seconds to MarzSmiley Happy

10k inch Nails, ItSmiley Happy
Message 16 of 27
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CL and moving it from $700 to $10,000 in a year is sweet! And don’t worry that pile will sneak up right on you lol
Message 17 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

" $700 to $10,000 in a year "

Congrats !!!

Message 18 of 27
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I brought my TU score up from 652 when I got the Amazon approval to 706 when I went for the PayPal, that’s probably got something to do with it. 

I think I have seen one or two get $10K for their SL on the PayPal but their income was comfortably in the six digits, it’s definitely something pretty remarkable for my $18K level. 

As for the CLIs, I may still want some more Sync products so I’m being a bit careful. PayPal Credit and the Marvel card are both potentially on my radar. The Marvel is attractive as an option to get instead of taking a triple pull for Savor/Savor One and PayPal Credit for the hidden TL and 0% if paid in 6 months offers could be nice. Once I’ve decided what I’m doing there, I’ll push the requests a bit higher. 

I put everything I can on my cards too. Rent doesn’t go on them because the cash back is outweighed by PayPal fees for using a credit card with Friends and Family — but I will be paying that way next quarter with Disco since it’s still 2% after the 2.9% + $.30 fee. I squeeze all the cash back I can - doesn’t matter if it’s 5% or .5% as long as minimum redemptions don’t spread it too thin. 

TU Score from 652 to 706 in a couple of weeks?!?  Congratualtions, that's Amazing!!!

I Agree, for your income level, an $8,000 SL is definitely Remarkable!!! 

I started my Rebuild journey on April 4, 2018 with a Experian FICO8 685 Score, a 2 YR old OpenSky CC with a $300 CL and a 3 month old car loan with VW Credit. 

Regarding your Sync CLIs, I understand your strategy since you have other Sync lending products in mind.  I am only interested in the PayPal Credit 'hidden' TL, the Utilization Helper - Care Credit, and the only 2% CB CC I have so far - PP 2% MC.

Great strategy for your CashBack Plan!

Total CL - $284K+
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t want to get your thread Smorg’d so I’m just going to congratulate on your rebuild - I didn’t get serious about mine until March of last year. Started off at 647 TU/680 EQ/670 EX. Come a long way thanks to the info I picked up when I joined here in September!

I will take a shot at the PayPal CLI again next month and see what happens 😂 

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.