Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Cash Back Mastercard - Approval - SL $8700

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal Cash Back Mastercard - Approval - SL $8700

I logged into PayPal from PC today to check on the payment status of something I sold on eBay.  The first landing page was an "Apply Now" for the 2% Card.  I was eying this card or the Double Cash card for general purpose use.  I wasn't interested in a double-pull and Citi seems to occasionally do that.  I also can't get a prequalify offer from Citi (possibly due to a permanent opt-out years ago, despite attempting to opt back in).

While I was unsure if the landing page offer was an actual offer, I did think my Transunion score was high enough to warrant an approval though one never really knows these things.  I'm happy it worked out.

Unless a great bonus offer comes up, I'm done for a while (I always say this.).  I want to let my AAoA age back above 7 years before I do anything else.  

Stats:

Temp Limit - $250

Permanent Limit - $8700 (I wont recon for a higher limit.)

Pull - Transunion

Transunion Score - 733

Recent Transuion Inquires - 1 Nov (Barclaycard - Red Aviator), 2 Dec (BoA CLI, Cap One - Venture)

Inquires Last 6mo - 7

AAoA - 6y6mo

Oldest Account - 12y6m

APR - 16.99 (Lowest Tier but I'll PIF)

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal Cash Back Mastercard - Approval - SL $8700

Nicely done! And thanks for the data points! Smiley Happy 

Message 2 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Nice approval amount for that card and decent APR for a sync card although as you stated PIF it.

Regarding CITI I can't get a pre-qual either, but once i got my first card with them all others approved.  Go for the card you want vs. counting on pre-quals as if you profile supports it then most likely whether pre-qual'ed or not you will get the card whatever lender it is

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Points.  Nice SL.  

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks West, Scott...great feedback CreditCuriousity.
Message 5 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

4 the love of all thats holySmiley Happy. Great approval . Getting the low apr and almost 10k on 1st shot is amazing !. Enjoy your cash back!

CC, fantastic adviseSmiley Happy Too many depend solely on prequals. You either qualify or you dont for a cc and data points like these help one make better decisions.
Message 6 of 15
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Great SL, time to garden...maybe.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on a big approval!

That's a Sync card, correct?  Make sure you don't have too many Sync cards to avoid the dreaded blue envelope!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

First and only Sync card. No desire for any others.
Message 9 of 15
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  I logged into my PayPal account earlier today to pay off my $12 balance and got the same landing page.  I was tempted but I'm done with any new credit!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.