Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Cashback MC and Citi Double Cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal Cashback MC and Citi Double Cash

Prior to these approvals, I only had two cards: Amex Everday ($500) and TD Cash ($3k). After TD reduced my limit from 5k to 3k, I was in the market for another card. PayPal gave me a SL of $1k and Citi gave me a SL of $6.2k. 

Current Scores: EQ - 729/ TU - 711/ EX - 690

Hopefully, these new cards will grow over time. Amex and TD have not shown me any love over the past two years. With an income over 150k, my frequent card use, and no missed payments, I would think I'd have much higher limits by now. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal Cashback MC and Citi Double Cash

Congrats on your new cards.

Message 2 of 22
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals and welcome to the forums!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Great double play, congrats Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on both of your approvals! 

Message 6 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Prior to these approvals, I only had two cards: Amex Everday ($500) and TD Cash ($3k). After TD reduced my limit from 5k to 3k, I was in the market for another card. PayPal gave me a SL of $1k and Citi gave me a SL of $6.2k. 

Hopefully, these new cards will grow over time. Amex and TD have not shown me any love over the past two years. With an income over 150k, my frequent card use, and no missed payments, I would think I'd have much higher limits by now. 

It doesn't matter if you have a flawless record with those creditors.  You said last month that you have a 30 day late on a credit card and 60 day late on a personal loan.  Your creditors soft pull your reports and they can see your actions with other creditors.  It leads me to believe that is why your other limit got chopped and why the floodgates won't open for you as far as credit limits.   

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... With an income over 150k, my frequent card use, and no missed payments, I would think I'd have much higher limits by now. 

Indignation + dirty file /= recipe for credit-seeking success. Smiley Wink

Congrats on your two new cards. 

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't matter if you have a flawless record with those creditors.  You said last month that you have a 30 day late on a credit card and 60 day late on a personal loan.  Your creditors soft pull your reports and they can see your actions with other creditors.  It leads me to believe that is why your other limit got chopped and why the floodgates won't open for you as far as credit limits.   

The post you're referring to was from last year not last month. I disputed those errors and it was resolved in my favor. Prior to the dispute, I believe my credit card scores were in the low 600s. 

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.