Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Cashback MC!

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: PayPal Cashback MC!

Hmm I keep looking at the PP 2% card .... Actually was one of the first folks to be offered this card and turned it down at the time.... not sure why but part of me is still very tempted to app for it at some point.... 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Offers-going-out-on-the-PayPal-Cashback-Ma...

Message 21 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

Hmm I keep looking at the PP 2% card .... Actually was one of the first folks to be offered this card and turned it down at the time.... not sure why but part of me is still very tempted to app for it at some point.... 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Offers-going-out-on-the-PayPal-Cashback-Ma...

You could have had a reasonable APR back then! lol. 16.74% low instead of 21.99%

I actually was being encouraged to apply for it when I logged onto my PayPal account yesterday on my phone. There was a big bold text block inviting me to apply for it on the mobile site, first time I've seen it advertised when I'm logged in. I usually don't see any credit cards, I didn't even know PayPal had the Extras until I started reading here, let alone had the CB as well.

Since Citi won't touch me, I figured why not go for it with Sync. And no gimmicks to get my cashback or measly $500-%1000 limit like Citi would undoubtedly give me if they did choose to offer a card to me.

Message 22 of 45
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Congratulations Saeren! 

One of these days I'd like to have the 2% PaypaP card. 

I cancelled my Extras PayPal card a few months ago.

Thank you Gmood1 but wouldn't the 2% card be redundant? You have the PenFed PCR, that's a 2% everywhere card with a lot lower interest potential if you throw $500 in their checking and park it there. I would rather have a 2% card through a CU than through Sync but they denied me for new accounts back in September when I only had 3 new accounts reporting so it would be a "pass this around the office and laugh" type of denial now.

I went for this one because I didn't have one already lol.

Not really, I'd use it with the PayPal debit card in order to get 3% back on certain purchases. 

I have a lot of redundant CB cards. Lol ...But since they're with different lenders. I have opportunities to receive offers that may not be offered from one of the others.

The reason why certain members have redundant cards go much deeper than the initial rewards offered. 

Tough for some to understand, as they are only looking at the surface. And don't see the perks under that surface.

Synchrony is pretty good at SP CLIs as well. 

Message 23 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Congratulations Saeren! 

One of these days I'd like to have the 2% PaypaP card. 

I cancelled my Extras PayPal card a few months ago.

Thank you Gmood1 but wouldn't the 2% card be redundant? You have the PenFed PCR, that's a 2% everywhere card with a lot lower interest potential if you throw $500 in their checking and park it there. I would rather have a 2% card through a CU than through Sync but they denied me for new accounts back in September when I only had 3 new accounts reporting so it would be a "pass this around the office and laugh" type of denial now.

I went for this one because I didn't have one already lol.

Not really, I'd use it with the PayPal debit card in order to get 3% back on certain purchases. 

I have a lot of redundant CB cards. Lol ...But since they're with different lenders. I have opportunities to receive offers that may not be offered from one of the others.

The reason why certain members have redundant cards go much deeper than the initial rewards offered. 

Tough for some to understand, as they are only looking at the surface. And don't see the perks under that surface.

Synchrony is pretty good at SP CLIs as well. 

Well that's why I asked what the reasoning was lol. I'm actually new to the world of CCs, I didn't even know that people carried more than 2 or 3 until I found my way here in March when I finally got prequalified offers from Disco and Amex and then I didn't join until September after I got in with NFCU (which I found my eligibility here).

I'm still very naive in the ways of cash back. I had my QS and my PlayStation cards. That was enough for me. 

I went from $9250 in 3 TLs $50750 in 9 in less than 12 months lol.

Message 24 of 45
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

I keep talking myself out of this one by remembering that I don't usually have a ton of misc spend, and I have two 1.5% CB cards with good limits when I do. Half a percent wouldn't really do much for me.

Message 25 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8 wrote:

Congrats!

I keep talking myself out of this one by remembering that I don't usually have a ton of misc spend, and I have two 1.5% CB cards with good limits when I do. Half a percent wouldn't really do much for me.

I got it not just for the .5% but the potential 1.5% if I get the PP Business Debit. I'm also hoping it will help my relationship with Sync so they'll bring my $1800 Amazon card up to something more usable so I can take advantage of their 24 month deferred interest offers when I want a new TV or build a new computer Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 45
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Killer SL- congrats!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 27 of 45
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats @Anonymous

Message 28 of 45
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS!!!  Awesome SL too! WOOT!! 00congratulationss.gif

I stay far far away from this board lol but ventured in just to congratulate you & a couple others.. 

Now I'm bouncing right back outta here. LOL

Message 29 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

CONGRATS!!!  Awesome SL too! WOOT!! 00congratulationss.gif

I stay far far away from this board lol but ventured in just to congratulate you & a couple others.. 

Now I'm bouncing right back outta here. LOL

Awww shucks. Thank you! 💖😁

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.