Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal Credit CLI!

Been awhile since I tried and since I paid it off, was putting it off because I didn't wanna do multiple transactions.  Caved over the weekend and ended up sending my brother a couple payments which yielded a $1050 increase to $5550.  Had I actually paid attention to what I was doing instead of just trying to go for max, I would have made it just an even $1000 to $5500.  This "50" is driving me nuts!  Robot LOL

Just a side note, if you do it this way, make sure your partner in crime has the .30 per transaction in their account to cover the fee for the transaction that doesn't get refunded.  He ended up having the first one refund just fine.  Second one, because he had a $0 PP balance this time around when I sent him the payments, made him $.60 short so it pulled the full $24xx.xx out of his bank account (the rest is the fee that gets reversed as of now); instead of them just refunding all that could be done via his PP balance, then $.60 from his bank account.  Also pretty sure once the new policy goes into effect with PP in regards to refunds, this won't be advisable to go about a CLI.  Not even mentioning how Synchrony may start to handle them once they fully take over.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal Credit CLI!

Wait, so not unlike the Citi SP line increase link reset that let's you ask for a dozen CLIs and no one says anything, there is a similar CLI "shopping cart trick" for upping your PPExtras Card??
Seriously? 😀😂😅
Cuz, I would luv to up mine! What do you gotta do, exactly now? 😍
No, really.
It's for a friend. 🙄

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wait, so not unlike the Citi SP line increase link reset that let's you ask for a dozen CLIs and no one says anything, there is a similar CLI "shopping cart trick" for upping your PPExtras Card??
Seriously? 😀😂😅
Cuz, I would luv to up mine! What do you gotta do, exactly now? 😍
No, really.
It's for a friend. 🙄

Not exactly.  I'm talking about PayPal Credit (the currently hidden tradeline) and not PPE or PPCB physical cards.  In order to get a CLI with PPC, you have to go over your limit and the system does a live review if you qualify for it and if you do, it yields it.  While I believe it can technically just be a temporary increase, seems more often than not it becomes a permanent CLI.  Ofcourse this is just as of right now.  Still unknown if it'll change once Synchrony fully takes over.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

**bleep**. 😫

But it was worth a shot anyway! Thanks! 👍
Message 4 of 5
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.