Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit

tag
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

PayPal Credit

I use PayPal quite a bit and today I finally applied as I was about to pay for an item with PP.

I didn’t want to at 1st, as I’m trying not to apply for more cards because I’m getting close to getting in over my head.

Anyways, I applied since I think I read on here it’s a hidden trade line and my UTI wouldn’t be compromised.

So I apply, asked for Birthday, last 4 of SS and was approved for $4150.

Odd #, but far more than I’ll need so I’m happy with this.

I realize their interest rates are high, so will always PIF or take advantage of their financing. I’m stoked about the financing with it being hidden!

Is $4150 a decent SL? Not familiar with Comenity other than my OS card.
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal Credit

I’d say $4150 is more than decent. Congrats.
Message 2 of 35
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Kid, if this is indeed Paypal Credit from Comenity, thats actually a monster limit for the hidden lineSmiley Happy. Also, this will soon become another Synchrony account as Sync is picking up this account. Unlike Blispay, you can get auto increases or increase your limit by over spending the limit though i wouldnt really recomend thatSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 35
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats Kid, if this is indeed Paypal Credit from Comenity, thats actually a monster limit for the hidden lineSmiley Happy. Also, this will soon become another Synchrony account as Sync is picking up this account. Unlike Blispay, you can get auto increases or increase your limit by over spending the limit though i wouldnt really recomend thatSmiley Wink

Say what???????  Sync is taking over comenity paypal credit?  Source please.. Thanks!  When this suppose to happen????

Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

4150 is an insane comenity starter limit.  Its actually the first I have ever heard of that was over 3k starting.

19.99 interest isnt all that high considering other comenity offerings are usually in the 24-28 range.

It is really hard to grow though, as youd have to spend 4151 on it to get reviewed instantly for a possible bump up (though i hear they do also sometimes auto-cli annually)

beware though, synchrony has committed to purchasing this portfolio, so unless something goes haywire and the deal doesnt close for some reason, PPC will become a sync product and its possible some of the things us PPC users love about it might change (such as the hidden TL feature)

Also here is your source, also posted ironically by me a couple weeks ago.  The link to the official paypal statement is included in that thread

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Paypal-Credit-to-be-Acquired-by-Synchrony-Financi...

Message 5 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Total80sKid wrote:
I use PayPal quite a bit and today I finally applied as I was about to pay for an item with PP.

I didn’t want to at 1st, as I’m trying not to apply for more cards because I’m getting close to getting in over my head.

Anyways, I applied since I think I read on here it’s a hidden trade line and my UTI wouldn’t be compromised.

So I apply, asked for Birthday, last 4 of SS and was approved for $4150.

Odd #, but far more than I’ll need so I’m happy with this.

I realize their interest rates are high, so will always PIF or take advantage of their financing. I’m stoked about the financing with it being hidden!

Is $4150 a decent SL? Not familiar with Comenity other than my OS card.

Congrats! Could you provide stats.

Message 6 of 35
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Kid/OP;

Can i ask how many cards you have now and their limits?

Even how many HPs you have and on who?

Really think you might start hitting against limits due to reported income..... 

Theres a nice spot in the garden for you ... and a freezer to put those reports on ice....

You really need to slow down a bit... 

-J

Message 7 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

C O N G R A T U LA T I O N S. Have fun with your new card. Charge wisely.
Message 8 of 35
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

That's a great SL, congratulations!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 9 of 35
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Thank you for the tips and congrats, everyone!

My stepfather passed away a few weeks ago so am busy at his place packing everything up. Once I’m done here, I have until March 15, I will def post more.

As far as my stats, I haven’t received a HP yet, but as of right now, have to mention I purchase my first ‘new’ car through PenFed, so my $7k auto loan plummeted my scores recently as far as UTI.

As of right now, my scores are:

EQ: 688
TU: 719
EX: 696

UTI is between 18%-22%

@joltdude

I wasn’t asked for my income for this PayPal credit.

But the cards I currently have off the top of my mind are:

PenFed Promise - $10.5k with POI
PenFed Power Cash - $7.5k with POI
PenFed Auto Loan - $7,144 with POI

Discover - $11k
Target MC - $2.5k
BOFA Secured - $300
Amex BCE - $1k
Amazon Prime Store Card - $10k
CareCredit - $20k
PayPal Credit - $4150
Merrick - $600
Chase Freedom - $500
Chase FU - $2k
Marvel Card - $2k
Overstock - $3.3k
BBVA Compass Credit - $2.5k
Citi Costco Card - $4k
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.