Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Double LUV!

tag
cf2701
Regular Contributor

PayPal Double LUV!

A week or so ago I got my last item on my TU report corrected to show my student loans not in default, and to my suprise, they removed my very old 90+ day late without asking.  (It was already removed from my other two reports).  TU was my lowest score prior to this and it shot up 60 points (I was very happy) to 729, which is slightly higher but in line with my EQ and EX scores.

So, with that in mind, my only two accounts I have with Synchrony are with PayPal, both PP Credit and their PayPal Cashback Mastercard.  

The PPMC I've had for a couple years and it started at...wait for it...$300!  My lowest by far!  It was over a year, they wouldn't budge on a CLI.  Finally, I got a CLI to $900, then $2,700 within about 6 months.  In February they upped it to $5,000, and I was happy.  However, today I said what the heck, I got a good bump on my TU, lets see....and input $10,000.  Boom!  It's a good day!

Oh, did I mention that my PayPal credit started at $1,000 about the same time in 2018?  That one was upped to around $5,000 prior to the switch from Comentiy to Synchrony.  It's been there for a while, but this week I was also approved for a CLI to $10,000!

I have a couple cards that are over $10K, but honestly it's plenty for me.  I never let my usage get above 5% anyway.  So why do I still crave the higher credit lines?   TBH, there isn't a really good reason other than its gratifying.  Can anyone else relate?  

Being trusted with credit is an honor for me. After going through my financial hardships and frankly making bad decesions in the past, I'm grateful to lenders that trust me.  However, I'm NOT so grateful that I want to line their pockets with cash by paying a bunch of intrest.  That would just make me unwise!

Question - It appears that Synchrony is warming up to me. The only card they offer that I am somewhat interested in would be Lowe's.  I've been pretty (very?) aggressive the past 2 to 2.5 years with attaining accounts.  Last 3 were in December 19.  I'm looking to buy a home in 12 months.  I'd like to get my Lowes account established prior to that. Do you think it would be wise to pull the trigger now or let things cool?

Thanks Community!  

BBVA Clearpoints $16,000 | Discover $13,900 | CECU Visa $10,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa Sig. $18,500 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PayPal CB MC $10,000 | Paypal Credit $10,000 | Card $7,500 | AMX Hilton Honors Ascend $2,000 | Wayfair $23,900 | Sportsmans Guide Visa $12,400 | Kohls $3,000 | Capital One Savor One $3,500 | PNC Cash Rewards $17,000 | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 | PenFed Gold $10,000 | Lowe's $20,000 | Best Buy Visa $4,000 | Home Depot $4,000 | NFCU Platinum $25,000
14 REPLIES 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PayPal Double LUV!

Congratulations on your CLIs!
Message 2 of 15
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congrats @cf2701 on the CLI

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 3 of 15
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your Synchrony love !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI spreeSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@cf2701 wrote:

A week or so ago I got my last item on my TU report corrected to show my student loans not in default, and to my suprise, they removed my very old 90+ day late without asking.  (It was already removed from my other two reports).  TU was my lowest score prior to this and it shot up 60 points (I was very happy) to 729, which is slightly higher but in line with my EQ and EX scores.

So, with that in mind, my only two accounts I have with Synchrony are with PayPal, both PP Credit and their PayPal Cashback Mastercard.  

The PPMC I've had for a couple years and it started at...wait for it...$300!  My lowest by far!  It was over a year, they wouldn't budge on a CLI.  Finally, I got a CLI to $900, then $2,700 within about 6 months.  In February they upped it to $5,000, and I was happy.  However, today I said what the heck, I got a good bump on my TU, lets see....and input $10,000.  Boom!  It's a good day!

Oh, did I mention that my PayPal credit started at $1,000 about the same time in 2018?  That one was upped to around $5,000 prior to the switch from Comentiy to Synchrony.  It's been there for a while, but this week I was also approved for a CLI to $10,000!

I have a couple cards that are over $10K, but honestly it's plenty for me.  I never let my usage get above 5% anyway.  So why do I still crave the higher credit lines?   TBH, there isn't a really good reason other than its gratifying.  Can anyone else relate?  

Being trusted with credit is an honor for me. After going through my financial hardships and frankly making bad decesions in the past, I'm grateful to lenders that trust me.  However, I'm NOT so grateful that I want to line their pockets with cash by paying a bunch of intrest.  That would just make me unwise!

Question - It appears that Synchrony is warming up to me. The only card they offer that I am somewhat interested in would be Lowe's.  I've been pretty (very?) aggressive the past 2 to 2.5 years with attaining accounts.  Last 3 were in December 19.  I'm looking to buy a home in 12 months.  I'd like to get my Lowes account established prior to that. Do you think it would be wise to pull the trigger now or let things cool?

Thanks Community!  

I really do love stories like this :-)

Congratulations on your success!!

10,000.00 on a  credit card is alot to smile about Smiley Happy

Enjoy this and thanks

for sharing your story,

Cheers

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cf2701  Super Congrats on your PayPal double luv!!! Smiley Very Happy

Lowe's is a great card, and it's a grower. Just make sure you use it

on a regular basis between now and the next 12 months. That way,

your limit will be where you want it to be and you won't have to go

looking for money after the fact. Congrats again on your success!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 15
ddamage
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 8 of 15
cf2701
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@cf2701  Super Congrats on your PayPal double luv!!! Smiley Very Happy

Lowe's is a great card, and it's a grower. Just make sure you use it

on a regular basis between now and the next 12 months. That way,

your limit will be where you want it to be and you won't have to go

looking for money after the fact. Congrats again on your success!!! Smiley Very Happy

Thank you very much for the feedback!  That was kind of my thinking, take the hit now and since I've had a pretty amazing run the past couple years, let things settle for 12 months prior to my mortgage app in April or so of 2021.  This should allow the Lowe's account to grow nicely, hopefully.  (Allowing room for when I need it in the future, it will not be maxed with UTIL if I choose to carry a 0% promo for new home stuff)

I'll have to give it some thought.  Next stop, Chase and Citi, but thats late 2021!

Thanks again!

BBVA Clearpoints $16,000 | Discover $13,900 | CECU Visa $10,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa Sig. $18,500 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PayPal CB MC $10,000 | Paypal Credit $10,000 | Card $7,500 | AMX Hilton Honors Ascend $2,000 | Wayfair $23,900 | Sportsmans Guide Visa $12,400 | Kohls $3,000 | Capital One Savor One $3,500 | PNC Cash Rewards $17,000 | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 | PenFed Gold $10,000 | Lowe's $20,000 | Best Buy Visa $4,000 | Home Depot $4,000 | NFCU Platinum $25,000
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cf2701 wrote:

... Do you think it would be wise to pull the trigger now ...

Yes. The SL might be low -- 500 or 1k -- so it needs a few months to grow. Good luck & congrats! on your CLI approvals. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.