Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal MC CLI

tag
MickeyGMoney
Regular Contributor

PayPal MC CLI

This is one of my oldest cards. Started at $3k and slowly received auto CLIs until it hit $10k. After a while of no increase, I asked for one on their site. After a few weeks of asking and getting denied, I called in. They basically said I'm at the max I'm able to have. I stopped asking back in April 2021. Today I was on the site looking at something else and just felt like asking again for $15k. It got accepted!

$10k -> $15k

Future Cards:
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: PayPal MC CLI

Congratulations @MickeyGMoney 

Message 2 of 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your PayPal Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 3 of 16
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Surprising outcome, congrats! Did your profile change dramatically since the last denial up to this cli?  Anything you can deduce?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 16
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your CLI 🤑

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MickeyGMoney wrote:

This is one of my oldest cards. Started at $3k and slowly received auto CLIs until it hit $10k. After a while of no increase, I asked for one on their site. After a few weeks of asking and getting denied, I called in. They basically said I'm at the max I'm able to have. I stopped asking back in April 2021. Today I was on the site looking at something else and just felt like asking again for $15k. It got accepted!

$10k -> $15k

Congrats! They been increasing limits to max 20K. You can go back and ask for another 5K. They started increasing limits past 10K about 3-4 months ago.

Message 6 of 16
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 7 of 16
pc01user
Frequent Contributor

Yay! Congratulations on your Paypal MC CLI and good thing you didn't give up!

Message 8 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your PayPal CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 16
MickeyGMoney
Regular Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Surprising outcome, congrats! Did your profile change dramatically since the last denial up to this cli?  Anything you can deduce?

The only things that have changed are the age and increases in credit limits of other cards. I think back around April 2021, the $10k was probably tied for my highest limit, so it's very possible that having a lot of limit break through $10k helped them to give me more.

Future Cards:
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.