Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal SCT?

tag
creditmonger
Contributor

PayPal SCT?

First time in forever using PayPal today (prior sole payment method was en expired debit card) 

Site asks if I'd like to use PayPal credit for six (6) months same as cash.

I agree. It has all my info and only asks for last four (4) of SSN. 

Approved for $6250. 

Questions:

Whats their CLI system?

Did I just do the SCT?

thanks

BK13 DC 12/15. 740 scores/18 inqs (about)
VentureOne 28K. Marvel MC 25K. PFCU: Promise 19K; PLOC 10K; Rewards 5K.
NFCU: Plat 15K; Flagship 15K; CLOC 10K
Barclays Aviator 12K; Jet Blue $500 (for the miles).
BOA 8K. Discover 10K/5K. 5/3 10K. PPC 7K
PPMC 10K. TD Ameritrade $1500
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Re: PayPal SCT?

Congratulations on the credit line!

Their CLI system is either automatic (it seems to happen to some people twice a year) or more likely, by exceeding your credit line, whereby PayPal will review your account and possibly give you an automatic increase up to the amount spent. It creates some odd credit line numbers.

It's not a SCT, but it is a hidden trade line. The initital request is reported to Equifax (since it also considers you for the PayPal Mastercard), but the line does not report to any of the bureaus.

It's one of my favorite lines since it's hidden and any purchase over $99 triggers the 6 months no payments, no interest option.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 2 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, im not sure , this is confusing at times lol. Did you get approved by Synchrony or Comenity Bank. These are two completely different lines of credit. One is hidden, Comenity, one is not, Synchrony.

If you got the Comenity, that is a stellar limit. If the Synchrony, still a great limit. Please update the thread when you know for sure. We dont want everyone trying SCT for the Comenity if theyll actually be doing Sync and vise versa. Thanks
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats, im not sure , this is confusing at times lol. Did you get approved by Synchrony or Comenity Bank. These are two completely different lines of credit. One is hidden, Comenity, one is not, Synchrony.

If you got the Comenity, that is a stellar limit. If the Synchrony, still a great limit. Please update the thread when you know for sure. We dont want everyone trying SCT for the Comenity if theyll actually be doing Sync and vise versa. Thanks

I just did it for grins and giggles ... setup to buy something with PayPal, gives you an option to "apply for PayPal Credit" then opened a new page that, like the OP, had my information pre-entered, aside from my DOB and the last four of my SSN. It says at the bottom, "The lender for PayPal credit accounts is Comenity Capital Bank." 

I didn't apply for it ... I'm in the garden for now Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks jjking54. Id say very impressive indeed as its not that common to see 6k approvals off the bat. Joeluvshiscredit just got 6500 so its been good lately. I guess the higher your score when apping helps out alotSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 13
creditmonger
Contributor

I recall seeing Comenity at the time and the word "cardless" so I don't think there's a MC w it.
And if it doesn't report I'd love to CLI ASAP.
Thanks
BK13 DC 12/15. 740 scores/18 inqs (about)
VentureOne 28K. Marvel MC 25K. PFCU: Promise 19K; PLOC 10K; Rewards 5K.
NFCU: Plat 15K; Flagship 15K; CLOC 10K
Barclays Aviator 12K; Jet Blue $500 (for the miles).
BOA 8K. Discover 10K/5K. 5/3 10K. PPC 7K
PPMC 10K. TD Ameritrade $1500
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats on approval.  I applied without having anything in my cart and i got 700.00 when i was low 600's with Equifax.  I should have pull like 1000 in my cart and then applied but im just glad i got something.  I love this credit line and is my go to for car parts.

Message 7 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

The thing is with Paypal Credit, the only way to possible push your cl is to spend past your credit limit and see if its approved. They do occasional cli auto but seeing as you have one of the higher limits ive seen, im not sure how long youll be at that limit. But for being hidden, i would think 6200 is plenty sufficientSmiley Wink, my ho anywaySmiley Wink
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah 6200 for PPC is insane.  Thats an amazing SL

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.