Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Synchrony Approval SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal Synchrony Approval SL

To my utter shock (I've been denied before), I just got approved for the PayPal Cash Back card with a 3K SL. 
They pulled TransUnion which is good, because it's the only one that's allowed for an EE on an old charge off that's due to fall off this year across the boards. (By the way don't bother asking Experian for an EE they "updated" after telling me the only way to ask for an EE is to file a Duspute- yet no update occurred & my score dropped a few points). 
Anyway, back to PP- Synchrony has been good to me lately, in the last 3 weeks I've been approved for Care Credit 1.5k, then TJX, can't remember it's a low SL (400 maybe?) but I took it because I love and I do mean LOVE HomeGoods. 
I had to call in to complete my PP app, was put on hold, CSR came back and said Congratulations, you've been approved for a 3,000.00 starting limit. 
Is this a good SL? Should I have asked to recon? 
And, does this card allow for growth? 
I'm so frustrated with Cap1, my Quicksilver (500 CL) & Walmart (1K CL) cards have given me zero joy, why do they bucket these cards? 
Discover denies me every 8 days. For too many inquiries. Or for too many recently opened bank revolving trades. So I guess the plan is, with this PayPal, garden for 6 mos-1 year & try again. I don't even want to fully face how many hard inquiries I have. 
But on the bright side, I'm nearly recovered after my ex essentially stole my identity post divorce & I only have the one old charge off which as I said, is off TransUnion and coming off Equifax and Experian this year. Went from high 400s to 690-696 across the boards in 2 years. Started my credit repairing journey with an Open Sky. 

22 REPLIES 22
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: PayPal Synchrony Approval SL

Congrats on your approval! That's a great no-hassle 2% catch all card. Those Sync cards usually have decent growth potential up to 10k. Shoot for the moon when you ask for your CLIs and they will counter with a lower amount if need be. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 23
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your PayPal approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on PPCB!

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know! Because Cap1 sure isn't giving me love outside of my Neiman's card lol (2k to 3.5 a week ago with a SP). 

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

TY! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 23
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know! Because Cap1 sure isn't giving me love outside of my Neiman's card lol (2k to 3.5 a week ago with a SP). 

What? Capital One denied a CLI? Unbelievable! Smiley LOL

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 8 of 23
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Great job on your credit repairing journey and congrats on your PayPal Synchrony approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 9 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the Paypal approval!

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.