Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal World MC Approval

tag
Rottweilerlvr
Contributor

PayPal World MC Approval

I've been using PayPal a lot recently at checkouts leading up to Black Friday. Noticed that I'm "pre-selected" for both PayPal Mastercard and PayPal line of credit. Pulled the plug on the credit card and was approved for $5,000. TU8 is 712. I'm still showing preselected for the line of credit. How does that work after getting the credit card? Is it another hard pull?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PayPal World MC Approval

Congrats on the PayPal MC approval.

If you apply for PayPal Credit, it will be a separate hard pull. I would research further on whether PayPal Credit would meet your needs or be of benefit to you based on how you intend on using it. Also, keep in mind that PayPal Credit isn't usually assigned a high limit from the get-go, if approved.

Message 2 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats @Rottweilerlvr . I have both. Card first then credit for rebuilding. I believe it was $2000 SL now $11.5 after asking for CLI's the past few years. I stopped asking due to Sync pulling the rug out from under posters out of the blue. But the credit I used for new tires for use and it worked out well with the 0% interest. Paid before the 6 months was up.

Message 3 of 14
user979797
Established Contributor

Congrats on your 5K PayPal approval Smiley Happy

>
Message 4 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your PayPal World MC approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 14
SmileNWave
Contributor

@Rottweilerlvr wrote:

I've been using PayPal a lot recently at checkouts leading up to Black Friday. Noticed that I'm "pre-selected" for both PayPal Mastercard and PayPal line of credit. Pulled the plug on the credit card and was approved for $5,000. TU8 is 712. I'm still showing preselected for the line of credit. How does that work after getting the credit card? Is it another hard pull?

Congratulations on the approval, OP! May I suggest to thread lightly, as the PayPal MC is issued by Synchrony Bank and they love to close accounts for seemingly no reason. Too little spend? Closed. Too much spend (PIF'd)? Closed.

Message 6 of 14
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your PayPal Cashback MC approval

Message 7 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your PayPal Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 8 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on ypur PayPal MC Approval.

Message 9 of 14
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your PayPal World MC Approval 🤑👍👍

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.