Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal World MC approval

tag
GTS
Contributor

PayPal World MC approval

I tried doing an app for PayPal world MC since they will not do a HP unless approved. Got a few data points to share. 1st attempt I got a response saying I needed to unfreeze EQ. From what it looks like eaither all 3 reports need to be unlocked or just EQ and TU (I'm not able to lock EX because I don't have a paid subscription).  2nd attempt all 3 reports unlocked, they did a HP on TU and I was approved for a $8000 SL with approval to spend up to $2000 through the app before I recieve the physical card. Unsure if they pulled Fico or Vantage and which module was used but will update info if I find out through any of the paperwork that comes with the card.

FICO 8/9:

Chase FF WEMC-$25,200 CL
Chase IHG Premier WEMC-$16,700 CL
Amex BCP-$10,000 CL
PayPal cashback WMC-$8,000 Cl
RCU Platnum Visa-$5,000 CL
Cap1 Savor One WEMC-$5,000 CL
Disco It-$8,000 CL
Disco It-$5,200 CL
Cap1 Quicksilver WEMC-$3,400 CL

Citi Corporate MC-$5,000 CL
AU Citi AA Advantage-$30,000 CL
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

Re: PayPal World MC approval

congrats on the approval

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $38,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 2 of 12
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

@GTS wrote:

I tried doing an app for PayPal world MC since they will not do a HP unless approved. Got a few data points to share. 1st attempt I got a response saying I needed to unfreeze EQ. From what it looks like eaither all 3 reports need to be unlocked or just EQ and TU (I'm not able to lock EX because I don't have a paid subscription).  2nd attempt all 3 reports unlocked, they did a HP on TU and I was approved for a $8000 SL with approval to spend up to $2000 through the app before I recieve the physical card. Unsure if they pulled Fico or Vantage and which module was used but will update info if I find out through any of the paperwork that comes with the card.

locks are paid, private functionality, freezes (practically identical to locks) are some thing by law?, which are free: 

https://www.experian.com/freeze/center.html 

Congrats on the approval!! 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 3 of 12
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your PayPal approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 12
GTS
Contributor

@GatoradeZeroGuy 

@GatoradeZeroGuy wrote:

@GTS wrote:

locks are paid, private functionality, freezes (practically identical to locks) are some thing by law?, which are free: 

@GatoradeZeroGuy 

It's weird that when I try to use the EX app to freeze my report it prompts me to pay for a subscription but when go to the online site it allows me to do it free. Thanks for the info, very helpful

FICO 8/9:

Chase FF WEMC-$25,200 CL
Chase IHG Premier WEMC-$16,700 CL
Amex BCP-$10,000 CL
PayPal cashback WMC-$8,000 Cl
RCU Platnum Visa-$5,000 CL
Cap1 Savor One WEMC-$5,000 CL
Disco It-$8,000 CL
Disco It-$5,200 CL
Cap1 Quicksilver WEMC-$3,400 CL

Citi Corporate MC-$5,000 CL
AU Citi AA Advantage-$30,000 CL
Message 5 of 12
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

@GTS wrote:

@GatoradeZeroGuy 

@GatoradeZeroGuy wrote:

@GTS wrote:

@GatoradeZeroGuy 

It's weird that when I try to use the EX app to freeze my report it prompts me to pay for a subscription but when go to the online site it allows me to do it free. Thanks for the info, very helpful

now that you have a freeze, you should be able to more easily see the option to manage the freeze from within the app more easily, but this might be only for people who are subscribed to the Experian monthly service

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 6 of 12
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your PayPal Cashback MC approval

Message 7 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new Paypal card

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@GatoradeZeroGuy wrote:

@GTS wrote:

@GatoradeZeroGuy 

@GatoradeZeroGuy wrote:

@GTS wrote:

@GatoradeZeroGuy 

now that you have a freeze, you should be able to more easily see the option to manage the freeze from within the app more easily, but this might be only for people who are subscribed to the Experian monthly service

I use the free version and you can freeze/thaw from the app. Scroll down and its sitting there. Right below the lock "manage"which leads to EX CreditLock for 24.99 a month.

Message 9 of 12
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Nice SL, congratulations on your approval! 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.