Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Bill Me Later Approved!! When can i use it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal Bill Me Later Approved!! When can i use it

So I'm buying a lot of things on eBay and heard bill me later was hard to get and that it doesn't report to all three bureaus. I was denied last year during my rebuilding phase however today I was approved SL $2,900 . Anyone know when I can use it I was approved today and I did successfully link it to a WHOLE new PayPal account and it shows on my PayPal account when I log in however it doesn't show during check out it tells me (PLEASE USE OTHER PAYMENT METHOD PLEASE ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD)Screenshot_2016-06-08-11-15-55.png

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal Bill Me Later Approved!! When can i use it

Congrats!!  I also have Paypal credit and it shows up as one of the payment options along with your bank accounts & credit / debit cards. This makes it so that you can use the Paypal credit line to pay for anything anywhere Paypal is accepted! Smiley Happy

paypal credit

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Use a credit or debit card. Yes you have PayPal Credit, but that's useless. So use your credit card."

I spent a week wasting my time with PayPal. Yes I was approved for PayPal credit but seriously, you'll never be able to use it.

I told them to cancel everything and remove me from all systems. There's going to be a letter that comes in the mail about your PayPal credit account, and to call this special number.

But by that time I already cut PayPal off and flushed it down the toilet to let them swim amongst the turds.
Message 3 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

There's sometimes prolonged glitches with the process of linking accounts that can eventually be resolved once you get the right csr (or combination thereof) on the phone, may take a while. It's a unique product (HTL+zero promo) worth some leg work...lol @ PP who it seems went ballastic over their technical issues, to be sure it can be frustrating...patience dear WatsonSmiley Tongue

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a bit of a frustrating hassle. Patience would definitely be key in these type situations.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 18
core
Valued Contributor

So you now have 2 personal Paypal accounts, it sounds like?  That could turn ugly in the future.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turn ugly why is that? I made a new PayPal account
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't have a payment history with PayPal, if you have multiple accounts, and if you've EVER bounced a check with a bank account linked to those accounts, they will blacklist you.

They'll tell you there's a glitch with new accounts, and you should wait for an indefinite amount of time, hoping that one day your PayPal credit will actually work.

I won't accept that! So I flushed them. I don't like what I see. With the troubles they're having with their credit systems, it would get ugly if you tried to actually do business with them. Who knows what it'll be like trying to make payments to PayPal?

I was tired of PayPal altogether. Tired of getting tons of error messages at different sites. Tired of the customer support not knowing what's going on. Tired of the security team not following up on issues. Tired of getting transferred then hung up on. Tired of being told how easy these different PayPal services are to use and it not being clear as to how the different services are supposed to work. Tired of being in the dark on issues, tired of calling PayPal everyday.

How about this one: One time when I called about the PayPal Credit issue, I said "Why would I need a credit card to make transactions for PayPal Credit? How do I know it's not going to just charge my bank, debit card, or credit card? I'm not doing that. PayPal is a joke" and the CSR snapped back at me "My account's working, and I've been using it for years!"

AND?!

Message 8 of 18
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Turn ugly why is that? I made a new PayPal account

You are allowed 1 personal account and 1 business account.  Paypal seems to pretend to overlook it until the worst possible time, like right after you've sold a $3k widget to somebody on ebay and now your funds are locked up temporarily or worse.

I don't know if this is causing your issue... maybe, probably not  But the screenshot message seems to indicate you already had a credit product tied to Paypal and now you have two of those as well?

Message 9 of 18
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

If you linked your new paypal account to your brand new PayPal Bill Me Later account, it'll take some time for you to use it before the Bill Me Later option pops up in your wallet section. This is due to fraud... I had to buy a few things on Paypal and send money maybe twice (for legit reasons) before I saw that the Bill Me Later account was officially linked. So when it's brand new paypal account,  it'll take a little bit of time for the BML to pop up.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.