Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Credit CLI 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal Credit CLI 2018

Logged in today and noticed the $1000 CLI. I was happy to see the increase as I do lots of the 6 mo. 0% financing 

DP:

14 month old account

3 purchases w/ 6 mo 0% financing, Pif before expiration

fico 8 685 

overall util 22%

New CL $2190

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paypal Credit CLI 2018

CongratsSmiley Happy. Mine doesnt move for anything but i hardly use it so theres thatSmiley Happy. EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 14
Cyberbo60
Valued Member

I noticed an increase in my PayPal Credit as well this morning.

Message 3 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

These things tend to come around same time for many. Happened to me before. I checked mine too but still the same.
Message 4 of 14
DollazSense
New Contributor

Now that PayPal Credit (the credit service formerly called Bill Me Later that was associated with Comenity, not PayPal Smart Connect or Extras Mastercard via Synchrony) is associated with Synchrony Bank, how do CLIs work?

For years, CLI requests, if one would call them that, could occur via purchases. In other words, instead of clicking on a specific CLI button in your online account portal, users would make (or try to make) a purchase over their credit line. These were always soft pulls. 

How that's working now? 
I will be getting rid of this credit line pretty soon but I'm curious to know how CLI process has changed. 
I'm on a debt-free journey, y'all.
Message 5 of 14
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 6 of 14
DollazSense
New Contributor

Here's what I found on the website. An article titled, "How do I increase my PayPal Credit limit?" "We don't accept individual requests to increase credit line amounts.  If you try to make a purchase that would cause your outstanding balance to be above your credit line, we may evaluate your account for a Credit Line increase.  We may also, in certain cases, allow you to complete a purchase that would cause your outstanding balance to be above your credit line without evaluating your account for a credit line increase.  This process happens seamlessly during checkout and doesn't slow down the checkout process. If you attempted a purchase that would cause your outstanding balance to be above your credit line and your credit line wasn't increased, you might want to verify that you’ve provided us with your most up to date income. Provide/Update your income after taxes."

Keeping your account profile and income information up to date may help you qualify for real-time credit line increases in the future if you attempt a purchase that exceeds your credit line. 

Once you've been approved for PayPal Credit you will find your Credit line listed under your PayPal Credit balance on the left side of your summary page.

Message 7 of 14
DollazSense
New Contributor

I assume this is for the original poster who started this thread in February before Synchrony was in the picture. I did not apply for a CLI with PayPal Credit prior to resurrecting this thread. 

Message 8 of 14
DollazSense
New Contributor

Okay, I just tried a test transaction to see if my CLI would go up with via a successful transaction and I got the standard denial email with the subject line, "Request attempted on: August 22, 2018." As per usual, the message provided me a link to see the reason for the denial. 

Womp, womp.

The good news is that I don't think it was a hard pull but I won't know for sure until I reactivate my myFico Score subscription. It's been a while (more than a year, maybe two years) since my last hard pull, and back then, I received a notification from one of the FAKO services--maybe Credit Karma? However, I think those notices only work with certain credit bureaus, the bureau with which the FAKO service is associated.

Credit Karma is associated with (or uses) Transunion so I'd only get an inquiry notification via Credit Karma if PayPal Credit pulled Transunion, no? 

Credit Sesame = Experian?

Does anyone know what bureau PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later) uses for credit evals? 

Message 9 of 14
althes
Frequent Contributor

Should be TU seeing how it is now Synch.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.