Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Credit CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal Credit CLI

I've been a member of Paypal since 2003 although I cant remember when I applied for Paypal Credit, I think it was 2008ish, decided to login to my account via PC and noticed that Paypal Credit gives your Fico 8 TU score and also you can request a credit limit increase now. SL was 2,800 and asked for $10K. Declined for $10K but did recieve an additional $700.

Has anyone confirmed if the tradeline will report or stay hidden?

Fico 8 TU 728

Paypal Credit.jpg

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paypal Credit CLI

Grats on the CLI Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
thornback
Senior Contributor

This was just posted...  CSR indicates reporting is set to begin in the next month or two... 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/PayPal-Credit-7-20-7-24-2019-Synchrony-Takeov...

Congrats on your CLI!

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, I had since BillMeLater whatever year that was.

I heard from a Top Tier Rep (I called) She Said: "That Older Accounts would Report sometime Around September."

She was Very Firm on This.

New Accounts are already reporting. as posted by several people, in another myFICO Thread.

what is I am still waiting to see is the actual account opening date. lots of debate on this.

The Top Tier Rep Could not Give Me a Solid Answer, as Some things were not disclosed from the higher up.

so its a wait an see on The Actual opening Date. I will believe it, when I see it Report to the 3 big CRA's,

as to what the facts will be.

it would be nice to have "that age" Factored in to my Age of All Accounts.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies guys. I hope it reports the original opened date as well as that would help my AAOA. My oldest card is a 6 yr old Capital One.
Message 5 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys. I hope it reports the original opened date as well as that would help my AAOA. My oldest card is a 6 yr old Capital One.

I can Guarantee that, if it does not report the History of Payments, and opening Date.

There are going to be some complaints filed, and probably some accounts closed, for that very reason.

https://i.imgur.com/DHrrcVs.jpg

I think some closed ahead of time. I took The "wait & See Approach"

it is possible that the Older Accounts not Reporting till September Thing (per The Old Pay Pal CSR)

That is not completely set in stone.

but it could be possible, they have to Gather all The Old Account Information to Report?

That is only a Hopeful Guess on my end, at this point.

as you pointed out, The AAOA would be nice. not so worried about it being a "Hidden" TL at this point.

anyhow, since this is The Approvals Thread, I probably should Limit my rambling.

as I have probably overspent My Nickel.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It hit my credit report last month. reported 2 years. I've had it much longer.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if the CLI does a hard inquiry? I actually want to pay the account off and close it with the new interest rate but am in the middle off buying a house and closing the account could hurt me more than it already has by reporting.

Message 8 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.