cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Extras Master Card Credit Limit Increase Request Soft Pull

tag
NY1PR2019

Paypal Extras Master Card Credit Limit Increase Request Soft Pull

I have been reading about some people having a hard time getting or being denied requesting a CLI in their Paypal Extras Master Card account. Some have said that they have tried doing it thru their website hitting the "luv" button or just requesting it but still being denied. Since I have not made a request since I have the account I decided to call the number on the back of the card and see what they will say. I have a PP Extras Master Card with a $7100 credit limit which had no balance since every time I have charged something I either pay it in total the following  month or in 2 months the most.  When I called the first person I spoke to asked me what he can do for me. I told him that I will like to request a credit limit increase in my account and I also asked him if there was going to be a "soft pull "on my credit report because it there was going to be a "hard pull " then I will rather leave my account with the exisiting credit limit. He told me that it was going to be a soft pull . I continued with the request of a CLI and he only asked me just two questions , 1- my total yearly income and 2- how much I wanted my new line of credit to be. Since I wasn't prepare to know how much I wanted because I thought they make the decision for you I said , lets make it $15,000 and  he said no problem. He send the request thru and then he told me that he will connect me with the Credit Solutions Department . A very nice youg lady came to the phone and told me that she was from Credit Solutions and that she was going to put me on hold while she will look at my request .I asked her if they were going to do a hard pull on my credit report to which she answered "NO" its going to be a soft pull ,we only do a hard pull on new applications only. After almost three minutes she came back to the phone and said that they needed another 3 minutes but not to worry . After almost another 3 minutes on hold she came back to tell me Congratulations on your new credit limit increase of $15,000.  She said that it will show up in your account within three minutes . I checked my account after I finished talking to her and there it was my new $15,000 line of credit . I didn't really need that much nor I really needed and increase just wanted to find out if I was going to have a problem as so many others have gone thru  . I just gave them that number .

All I want to say is that if you have a PayPal Extras Master Card account  the best thing to do is to call the number at the back of your card. Speak to a represenative and tell them what you want to do . It is a sof pull if you do have an account and even if you get denied for whatever reason at least you will know that you will not have another hard inquiry in your credit report . Best of luck

my fico credit scores : Equifax -832, TransUnion -824 , Experian -829    Credit Card: Amex Platinum , Amex Rose Gold, Delta Reserve Sky Miles $12000, Chase Sapphire $25000, Chase Freedom Unlimited $8000, Citi Prestige Card $30100, Citi Sinplicity Card $12000, BoAVisa $16000, Capital One Venture $12000, Discover it $16000, HSBC Platinum Rewards $15000, American Express Blue Cash Rewars $10000

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal Extras Master Card Credit Limit Increase Request Soft Pull

Congratulations! Synchrony is known to be very generous with limits when you talk to Credit Solutions Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats

Message 4 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats. Actually no need to call the number on your card, most people just have to call Credit Solutions directly. Usually anything over 10k is best to csll them. Your score and profile definetly helped you probsbly could hsve asked for 20k and gotten it.
Message 5 of 12
NY1PR2019

Thanks,  You are right I could have ask for $20K and would have been approved but I honestly didn't even think that they were going to approve $15K to begin with . These companies are funny . I have seen people with a score close to mine , in the 800+ and being denied for whatever reason so I felt that doubling my limit would  have been a more decent figure for them to appoved.

Message 6 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the CLI. I have restored your thread, the auto spam filter grabbed it as it doesnt like edits from new posters and you are using a bold font which is the hallmark of a solicitation spammer here on myFico. I would suggest no bolding and keeping the edits to a minimum on the first post in the thread.
Message 7 of 12
NY1PR2019

Thanks for restoring my post. Didn't know about the bold letters.  Was just editing because I saw some bad typos. Will not be using bolds for sure . Thanks again 

Message 8 of 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 12
Stribe
Contributor

Nice leap in CL! Hoping PayPal rapidly increases my limit of $300 🤷🏻‍♂️
5/25/2022

Amex BCE $17,4k | Apple Card $7k | Chase Amazon $11k | Chase Ink Cash Business $30,4k | Citi AAdvantage $7,5k | Citi Costco Business $15k | Discover It $15,4k | PayPal $15k | Synch Amazon $10k | Target RC MC $9k | US Bank Cash+ $3k
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.