Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Extras Mastercard... CL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal Extras Mastercard... CL

So this is kind of strange. I applied last week for the Paypal Extras Mastercard. Was instantly approved with a $250 temporary credit limit. Yesterday I went into my account and the (temp?) credit line is now $500. I'm still waiting on my card to come in the mail but I'm wondering if it's possible that it's even higher than the $500. Anyone else have this happen before?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal Extras Mastercard... CL

First of all, congrats on the approval! Second, yes I was approved exactly a week ago today and they did not tell me a starting line, I just had a $250 temporary line of credit. Well, logged in yesterday to check and see if the temporary limit had changed and it switched to $700, not temporary status anymore. So I got an alert today that a new account was added to my credit report and it was PayPal extras card with a reporting line of $700. So if I had to guess, I would say your limit will probably be $500. Now as always, YMMV so that it just my experience with this same card and approval.
Message 2 of 4
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

I got my paypal extras mc back at the end of July 2016. It started with a 800.00 limit similar to your situation. I tried for increases multiple times and always declined. Then when my score got close to 700 I called credit solutions. I asked them to raise it to 5k. My request was approved about 3 minutes later. I know they soft pulled me and my score was at 701 on the soft pull. So it took persistence on my part. I now have a 5k line of which 1k is for cash. I won't carry a balance on it because the apr is 24%. They don't offer any balance transfers. Sure you eventually get a bigger limit if you're persistent in asking them for more and staying on them but at the rate they are charging it's not  the best deal but it's the same with my discover i got a secured card then they unsecured at 7 months and i got a 1k increase a week ago but the rate is 23.24 percent. guess when i get closer to 800 and alot of my inquiries drop off i'll get better deals. but i did get a navy fed for 1k which i am hoping will go way up and 3 months and the rate on it is 15.9 which recently increased to 16.15 because of the prime going up. so far navy fed has given me the best deal. i had alot of inq and new accounts so probably why i didn't get the highest line when i opened the account but my score are 647 efx, 711 tu and 708 exp.

Message 3 of 4
schsa210
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval.

I was approved March 2016 with temp cl of $250, set up account online after card arrived, cl stated $3,000.  Second statement cut, called customer service and told them I planned on using the card alot and they upped the limit to $10,000.  So don't be worried about calling and asking for a higher cl, they are known to be pretty generous.

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.