Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed Approval

tag
Momagain
New Contributor

Pen Fed Approval

While waiting on my "relationship" with NFCU to grow, something made me app with PenFed for their Power Cash Rewards Visa.  Immediately approved (well 10-15 minutes) for $6500 sl.  I only have $5 in a savings with them, so to say I was shocked is an understatement!!  I've been educating my self on Navy Fed, I've never looked to deeply into the Pen Fed offerings.  Anybody able to give me the "scoop" as far as when and how often you can attempt CLI this card, any pertinent info on how to increase the limits (lots of use, carry a balance, PIF).  I'm blessed that I got this limit, put woefully unprepared in the info dept!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Pen Fed Approval

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 14
Demented1
Established Contributor

Awesome news @Momagain and congrats on your new PenFed approval…enjoy the card!

Message 4 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Momagain wrote:

While waiting on my "relationship" with NFCU to grow, something made me app with PenFed for their Power Cash Rewards Visa.  Immediately approved (well 10-15 minutes) for $6500 sl.  I only have $5 in a savings with them, so to say I was shocked is an understatement!!  I've been educating my self on Navy Fed, I've never looked to deeply into the Pen Fed offerings.  Anybody able to give me the "scoop" as far as when and how often you can attempt CLI this card, any pertinent info on how to increase the limits (lots of use, carry a balance, PIF).  I'm blessed that I got this limit, put woefully unprepared in the info dept!

If consumer requested CLI, expect a HP inquiry on EQ.

PenFed does offer periodic SP offers. However, those can be far and in-between.

For your reading pleasure. Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

Message 5 of 14
Momagain
New Contributor

Thanks for the info AllZero.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on a nice approval from PenFed!

Message 7 of 14
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Momagain wrote:

Congrats on your PenFed approval! My first credit limit increase was approved after having the card for 7 months. I got lucky some how no HP. Currently I don't have credit limit increase button available on both of my accounts. 

Message 9 of 14
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the Power Cash Rewards approval! 🎊 

Hope the relationship building with Navy does go as well as you plan.

We will await your future approvals!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.