Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed

tag
BessTruman
Regular Contributor

Pen Fed

After all this talk about Pen Fed.  I joined through my brother who was in the Navy back in Oct 2019.  Today I decided to go for the Gold Visa and was instantly approved with a $5000 CL.  I have a high debt ratio thing so I got a 17.00% intrest rate; that's their highest.  But...as I pay my other cards off I will ask them to reevaluate my intrest rate.   I always pay everything on time so I have  a 100% on time payment history.    I guess that's why I got approved.  Credit Score is 690.   (I don't know how to put those things at the bottom). 

I couldn't believe I got approved during this time.   I have to buy a car in a 2022 so I plan to get it through them.    I was gonna put it in the sock drawer but I may put $500 or so on it and pay it off just to establish a payment history with them.    

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pen Fed

Nice,

you should be eligible for Navy Federal, too, which is also a very nice institution 

Message 2 of 19
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

I know this is a PenFed thread but, I hope you signed up for NFCU through your brother also!

Message 3 of 19
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice,

you should be eligible for Navy Federal, too, which is also a very nice institution 

Beat me to it!

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of these PenFed approvals are something else, congrats!

Don't worry about the APR btw, PenFed rarely gives anyone the lower APRs.

Gold card normally has a bonus of $100 for $1500 of spend in the first 90 days. I would make sure you get that Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your PenFed Gold approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 19
BessTruman
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice,

I will!     Thanks!

Message 7 of 19
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Enjoy that new card!  Congratulations!!

Message 8 of 19
BessTruman
Regular Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

I know this is a PenFed thread but, I hope you signed up for NFCU through your brother also!

I'm gonna call my brother tomorrow and get his ID so I can join!

Message 9 of 19
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@BessTruman wrote:

@TheFIGuy wrote:

I'm gonna call my brother tomorrow and get his ID so I can join!

You only need his NFCU "access number".  You are as good as in.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.