Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Approval - Hmmm

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Approval - Hmmm

Approved for PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6,500 13.24%. 

Not the CL that I was hoping for....last card I got with $15,000 limit with Citi. I am a new member with PenFed so I get it. 

What can I do to get a higher CL? All 3 scores should be 750-775 and I joined PenFed 3/23/2016. I read a few posts but did not narrow down the answer.

Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: PenFed Approval - Hmmm

Congratulations! You can request a cli using the same hp for 90 days. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 17
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your approval!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Can I request it before I receive the card?
Message 5 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 17
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 7 of 17
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks! Can I request it before I receive the card?

Congrats.  Most folks are waiting for day 88 or 89, from what I have read (do not have the card yet).

Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP - heres what you do:

Call now, ask politely for a Supervisor/Loan Officer.  The CSR MAY tell you you can not speak to LOs, ask again and be assertive in explaining you are so happy you were just apprvoed for a card with PenFed but the starting CL is a bit low for your spending patterns. A supervsior who doubles as a LO will come on, review your request with you ON THE PHONE -- chat them up, be friendly, explain you want to balance transfer more to the card and do not want to kill youir UTIL (im assuming this is true anyway).  With your scores and assuming your income is decent, you shuold get at LEAST $15k maybe $20k.  

Give it a go and report back - today Smiley Very Happy  They are INCREDIBLE at Recons, so you have nothing to lose by trying now.  

GOOD LUCK !!!!!

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and please let us know if you recon.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.