Did you mean: 

PenFed Approval! - Platinum Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Approval! - Platinum Rewards

@Gardener2 wrote:

Hello all! 

I am happy to say I just received my first PenFed approval for a $5000 visa signature platinum rewards. I am definitely happy with that SL and expected much less to be fair given how conservative they can be and while I have a fair score the inquiries and new accounts I thought for sure would scare them off. 

EQ Fico 9 706, 28 inquiries with 16 in the past year. I am 6/24 for new cards and recently added a ton of higher limits to my profile. 

That is great.

Pen Fed seems to approve with a lot of inquries. They did the same for me, twice in a week.

Thanks

Mark

Message 11 of 23
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gardener2 wrote:

Hello all! 

I am happy to say I just received my first PenFed approval for a $5000 visa signature platinum rewards. I am definitely happy with that SL and expected much less to be fair given how conservative they can be and while I have a fair score the inquiries and new accounts I thought for sure would scare them off. 

EQ Fico 9 706, 28 inquiries with 16 in the past year. I am 6/24 for new cards and recently added a ton of higher limits to my profile. 

That is great news and contrats. Did you get a hard pull when you first open an account with penfed?

How many other times have you applied for one of their cards? What do you think is different this time around that they approved you?

In my case, PenFed did a soft pull when I opened my account with them, an hard pull when I applied for my Platinum Rewards, and no pull at all when I opened my SSL.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 12 of 23
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Very nice PenFed approval here, glad to hear it.

Congratulations!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 13 of 23
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your PenFed PR approvalSmiley Happy

Message 14 of 23
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 15 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your first Penfed approval Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 23
Gardener2

@Anonymous

I had a PenFed relationship since last year but never pulled the trigger on a credit card before so this was my first application. I originally was going to use them to finance my 2021 Tacoma but got a better rate elsewhere! 

I got a hard pull when I opened my savings account I believe and another hard pull now for this card. I have heard they are very conservative so I was surprised I was approved with so many inquiries and new accounts. 

I will say I have 6 cards with $5k or over limits and a NFCU card with $12.5k so in terms of my average credit limit this is in line with my newer cards. 

Message 17 of 23
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Gardener2 wrote:

@Anonymous

I had a PenFed relationship since last year but never pulled the trigger on a credit card before so this was my first application. I originally was going to use them to finance my 2021 Tacoma but got a better rate elsewhere! 

I got a hard pull when I opened my savings account I believe and another hard pull now for this card. I have heard they are very conservative so I was surprised I was approved with so many inquiries and new accounts. 

Wow, color me surprised; I checked my credit reports again and definitely only got a soft pull when I opened my PenFed savings account, in fact, I've heard the same thing from lots of other folks here as well; you're the first I've heard getting hit with a hard pull for just a savings account.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 18 of 23
credithappy
Regular Contributor

@Gardener2 wrote:

Hello all! 

Congratulations to you.  I got approved on Friday for the Platinum Rewards card also.  It is a good feeling, it is my second card with them.  My SL is $10,000 and I was so surprised when I am trying to reduce my mortgage to a 2.025 rate with the 9 recently inquires that it is on my credit report with the 3 bureaus.  Congrat again!  

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 19 of 23
Trooper2003
Regular Contributor

Congratulations 🎊🎈🎉🍾 your card will grow big time!!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.