Starting Score: 679
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 22 of 26
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed Approval for Platinum Rewards Visa Signature Card

Congratulations on your PenFed approval!!

Message 23 of 26
PlatinumCredit
Contributor

@Elpadrino1 Thank you!!!

Message 24 of 26
PlatinumCredit
Contributor

Update 4/12/2022 - I see on the app it say I have a conditional approval....still waiting to see what the conditions are and what the terms are.

Message 25 of 26
PlatinumCredit
Contributor

Re: PenFed Approval for Platinum Rewards Visa Signature Card -Update 4/16/22

So after waiting over a week I decided to call PenFed again this week (1st time was to find out why my app was conditionally approved; I had to turn in two paystubs) and they stated an underwriter was reviewing my application. The customer service rep put me on hold for 10 minutes then came back said that my paystubs were received and the underwriter approved the application. She then told me she had to put me on hold again to get the things processed so my card can be made come monday. After being on hold for another 10 minutes she came back and told me congratulations you were approved for 7500 with an apr of 16.99% (the same as the Patinum Rewards card) and I should get the card in 5-7 business days. That was the longest time I ever experience with a credit application. Their website is in need of a complete overhaul. I inquired about the personal line of credit since an error appears when I try to apply and the rep said I can apply over the phone and asked did I want to proceed I said no thank you not right now I have borrowed enough haha. Also I just recently closed my regular savings account and opened a premium savings account instead. They had to reopen my regular savings account in order to satisfy the memebership rule for the credit card (i found this weird since i have the access checking account and premium savings account already), but I said that's fine and funded it with money out of the checking. Oddest process I have gone through with a bank for a credit card, I just hope it's all worth it! :-) 

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.