Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Approval

tag
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

PenFed Approval

Hi all,

SO car lease is up this month, so i decided to buy her a 2019 low miles vehicle for a present.

Anyway, since I took a loan through NFCU (28.5k@4.79 used rate - didn't make a thread about it), I decided to pull the trigger on an app for PenFed Power Cash before it starts reporting...

Screenshot_20210116-094945.png

The odd part, Credit Karma hasn't kicked off for a HP yet, and NFCU's TU auto HP was nearly instant from clicking apply. *shrug*

Edit

HP came through, immediately, as soon as I finished signing all docs, sent via email.

DP's in post 8

Rebuild start: 5/15/19

Financial Institutions:
Wells Fargo | NFCU | Penfed
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed Approval

Nice work Pico! Couple of great approvals there! Enjoy it!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 2 of 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Pretty good approval out of Pen Fed, grats on it Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 27
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your auto loan with nfcu and a monster  Cc approval with Penfed!!

Message 5 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 27
2ski
Contributor

@PicoFico wrote:

Hi all,

SO car lease is up this month, so i decided to buy her a 2019 low miles vehicle for a present.

Anyway, since I took a loan through NFCU (28.5k@4.79 used rate - didn't make a thread about it), I decided to pull the trigger on an app for PenFed Power Cash before it starts reporting...

The odd part, Credit Karma hasn't kicked off for a HP yet, and NFCU's TU auto HP was nearly instant from clicking apply. *shrug*

Edit

HP came through, immediately, as soon as I finished signing all docs, sent via email.

Did you have a relationship already established with Penfed before you applied? Or did you join and apply at the same time? Can you give us any other DP's?

I am currently about to app; I am curious( Already have the savings account setup). I am also thinking about letting the membership season 6 months and then go for a 20K Power Cash. My score is currently 793 on EQ, so I think I will qualify, but I wonder if I will get capped at 5-10K for being a new member.

Thanks in advance for any DP's you can give.

Current FICO 8:
Current FICO 9:

Inquires :              

Message 7 of 27
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@2ski wrote:

@PicoFico wrote:

Hi all,

Edit

Did you have a relationship already established with Penfed before you applied? Or did you join and apply at the same time? Can you give us any other DP's?

I am currently about to app; I am curious( Already have the savings account setup). I am also thinking about letting the membership season 6 months and then go for a 20K Power Cash. My score is currently 793 on EQ, so I think I will qualify, but I wonder if I will get capped at 5-10K for being a new member.

Thanks in advance for any DP's you can give.

Joined 4/20/20 (checking/$500 | savings $100)

Opened with $500 and did occasional transfers to keep it open (current $650 balance), otherwise no activity occured.

EQ9 (as of 12/21/20): 828

AAoA EQ=2 yrs

AoOA EQ=7yr 3mo

No derogs/lates/collections/etc..

Listed income $68k.

Anything else?

Financial Institutions:
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 8 of 27
2ski
Contributor

Opened with $500 and did occasional transfers to keep it open (current $650 balance), otherwise no activity occured.

AAoA EQ=2 yrs

AoOA EQ=7yr 3mo

Listed income $68k.

Anything else?

That's perfect! Thank you! I am going to follow your same strategy.
Get the checking open, and send transfers every month (at least) for six months, then app. I have already started sending transfers into the savings to see how quickly it gets there. It was the next day from my BOFA account.

Did they ask for POI ?

Current FICO 8:
Current FICO 9:

Inquires :              

Message 9 of 27
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@2ski wrote:

AAoA EQ=2 yrs

AoOA EQ=7yr 3mo

Listed income $68k.

Anything else?

That's perfect! Thank you! I am going to follow your same strategy.
Get the checking open, and send transfers every month (at least) for six months, then app. I have already started sending transfers into the savings to see how quickly it gets there. It was the next day from my BOFA account.

Did they ask for POI ?

Not yet, if they plan to. As far as I can tell it's a done deal and in the mail anytime now.

Financial Institutions:
Products:

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.