Congrats on the Penfed Approval🎉👍

Starting Score: 541
Nov 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 635, TU8 636, EX8 644
Dec 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 633, TU8 658, EX8 661
Jan 15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 698, TU8 689, EX8 706
Feb15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 704, TU8 702 , EX8 712 Goal Score: All Scores 760+,

In the garden since 1/28/21
Recently App. 1/3/21 & 1/23/21
What will you attempt to do if you knew could not Fail?
Message 11 of 27
2ski
Contributor

Re: PenFed Approval

Great thanks for the info. I'm going to continue to follow the thread. Keep us in the loop.
Congratulations again!

Current FICO 8:
Current FICO 9:

Inquires :              

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds great. Congrats!

Message 13 of 27
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@2ski 

One other mention. My listed income was net not gross.

I'm self employed llc without payroll (business income is my income) and I figured if a POI came, it would be much easier to argue in that regard than the opposed. (Schedule C vs. 1099).

Rebuild start: 5/15/19

Financial Institutions:
Wells Fargo | NFCU | Penfed
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 14 of 27
2ski
Contributor

@PicoFico wrote:

@2ski 

I'm self employed llc without payroll (business income is my income) and I figured if a POI came, it would be much easier to argue in that regard than the opposed. (Schedule C vs. 1099).

I have been researching PenFed quite a bit, and it seems like they don't ask for POI.
I'm in the same boat as you are. I am considering hiring a payroll service to have the paystubs for CU's like AOD that seem to be a requirement for their UW for approvals. I could be wrong here, but PenFed doesn't seem to request POI that often. Maybe others can chime in about their experience with being self-employed and apping PenFed. I think this will be valuable to all the members that are self employed.

Current FICO 8:
Current FICO 9:

Inquires :              

Message 15 of 27
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on both approvals!

Message 16 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@2ski wrote:

@PicoFico wrote:

@2ski 

I have been researching PenFed quite a bit, and it seems like they don't ask for POI.
I'm in the same boat as you are. I am considering hiring a payroll service to have the paystubs for CU's like AOD that seem to be a requirement for their UW for approvals. I could be wrong here, but PenFed doesn't seem to request POI that often. Maybe others can chime in about their experience with being self-employed and apping PenFed. I think this will be valuable to all the members that are self employed.

Penfed wont request POI if they are satisfied with what they see upon application but i would always be ready to provide it if asked especially credit Unions.

Message 17 of 27
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's a nice SL approval!  That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 18 of 27
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Very nice SL! Congrats on your approval!!!

Message 19 of 27
mgood
Valued Contributor

@2ski wrote:
Ihave been researching PenFed quite a bit, and it seems like they don't ask for POI.

They asked me for POI. When I got an instant approval for the Gold Visa and then turned right around and applied for the Platinum Rewards, that one went to review, and they asked for copies of my last two pay stubs.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 23
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.