Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Bonanza

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

PenFed Bonanza

So...I apped for CLI on my Promise (4.5K) and Platinum Rewards (10K) card last night and the Promise Card went thru the stages to "complete" with no action showing nor emails.......still nothing this morning so I called and.....bam-sham-alam.....the unheard of happened...........representative said my new Promise CL was 29.5K.......so I withdrew CLI request on the Platinum Rewards.....she then told me about the Power Cash Visa,  asked if I wanted to try for that  since there would not be another credit pull, so I did and got instant approval for 10.5K........she asked me about my military experience and since I get a VA pension I qualified for the 2% cash back.   I rolled over 5K from my Platinum to the Power Cash Visa for a total CL on that card of 15.5K.  Unbelievable, given the fact that 2 years ago they would not even geve me the time of day!  The Power Cash will definitely become my everyday card with 2% cash back, may even make the DW an AU since she spends lots of money, LOL.   I hate to keep sounding like a broken record or paid contributor on this board but I am forever grateful to this forum for helping to get me on the right track with my credit and finances after a troubling divorce.   Still have a lot to learn, no expert by any means but this forum has transformed my life and future for my family.......;Thankx all

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Bonanza

@ecxpa wrote:

So...I apped for CLI on my Promise (4.5K) and Platinum Rewards (10K) card last night and the Promise Card went thru the stages to "complete" with no action showing nor emails.......still nothing this morning so I called and.....bam-sham-alam.....the unheard of happened...........representative said my new Promise CL was 29.5K.......so I withdrew CLI request on the Platinum Rewards.....she then told me about the Power Cash Visa,  asked if I wanted to try for that  since there would not be another credit pull, so I did and got instant approval for 10.5K........she asked me about my military experience and since I get a VA pension I qualified for the 2% cash back.   I rolled over 5K from my Platinum to the Power Cash Visa for a total CL on that card of 15.5K.  Unbelievable, given the fact that 2 years ago they would not even geve me the time of day!  The Power Cash will definitely become my everyday card with 2% cash back, may even make the DW an AU since she spends lots of money, LOL.   I hate to keep sounding like a broken record or paid contributor on this board but I am forever grateful to this forum for helping to get me on the right track with my credit and finances after a troubling divorce.   Still have a lot to learn, no expert by any means but this forum has transformed my life and future for my family.......;Thankx all

Bam-sham-Alam. Congrats.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

Bam-sham-Alam. Congrats.

+1...Congrats!!

Message 3 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

That is awesome ,I hope to see that once I have completed my rebuild and gotten some age on my accounts , that's awesome Op
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! Great increase and approval from PenFed. They have been great for me trying to finish out my rebuild
Message 5 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yours is an amazing story. Going from 4.5 to 29.5 in one cli jump ,with Penfed, we just arent seeing that so much now. On top they offered their new card as well, awesome sauceSmiley Happy Keep doing the dew that you're dueingSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 13
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Grats!! That's a beautiful CLI!
5/27/17 Experian: 679 Equifax: 628 TransUnion: 630
Cap1 QS:600 Credit One: 600 Merrick Bank: 550 Amex: 500 JCrew: 250
Message 7 of 13
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Aweseome!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratualations on Penfed trifecta! Gives me hope for future cli on my platinum rewards card ( 10K ). How long did you wait for asking for a CLI if you dont mind sharing?

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major Congrats!!!  PENFED continues to impress me everyday.  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.