cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CC Approval!

Highlighted

PenFed CC Approval!

I'm in the early stages of rebuiding after chapter 13. I applied and was approved for PenFed Power Cash Rewards SL $10K, my highest approval thus far! Very exciting. I'm wondering about some posts I've read about multiple apps with PenFed within 90 days. I currently have an auto loan with Ally at 8% that opened 2/2018. I see PenFed offers auto refinance. They reported my score is 732 on my approval letter. Should I request an auto refinance through them? Would be a soft pull using that score or would they do a HP?

American Express Skymiles SL 1000; Associated Bank SL 5500; Capital One Platinum SL 500; Credit One 1050 (will be closing 2019); Discover It 1000; PenFed SL 10k
Comenity cards: JJill 300, Overstock 1200, Wayfair 4800, VS 300
Ally Auto Loan 25k
Starting rebuild 2018; BK chapter 13 in 2012, discharged in 2017;
10/10/18 Fico8 Scores:
Experian 667
Equifax 729
TU 660
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed CC Approval!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@651PsychRN wrote:

I'm in the early stages of rebuiding aSmiley Very Happyfter chapter 13. I applied and was approved for PenFed Power Cash Rewards SL $10K, my highest approval thus far! Very exciting. I'm wondering about some posts I've read about multiple apps with PenFed within 90 days. I currently have an auto loan with Ally at 8% that opened 2/2018. I see PenFed offers auto refinance. They reported my score is 732 on my approval letter. Should I request an auto refinance through them? Would be a soft pull using that score or would they do a HP?

Super Congrats on your PenFed PCR $10,000 SL! Smiley Very Happy

As you now know, PenFed hard pulls Equifax FICO 9.

The even better news for you is that each EQ hard pull

is good for up to 90 days. So I would give them a call

to verify that the hard pull is still good before inquiring

about an auto refi. With a EQ FICO 9 732 you shouldn't

have any problem qualifying for a rate lower than 8%.

Congrats again on your PCR approval. Thanks so much for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

congrats on your approval!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.